WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

I’m A Celebrity’s Ash Williams is found not guilty of taking nude screenshots

Ash Williams of I’m a Celebrity found not guilty of taking nude screenshots of a woman without her knowledge during virtual FaceTime sex

I’m a celebrity… Get me out of here! contestant Ash Williams has been found not guilty of recording intimate images of a woman.

The comedian, 39, was found not guilty by magistrate Eve Wynhausen in local court at Downing Center in Sydney on March 25, the report said. Perth now

Williams had consistently denied doing anything wrong after being charged with the crime in December 2020.

Just to be clear, I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here!  contestant Ash Williams (pictured) has been found not guilty of recording intimate images of a woman

Just to be clear, I’m a celebrity… Get me out of here! contestant Ash Williams (pictured) has been found not guilty of recording intimate images of a woman

The case was first mentioned in Newtown Local Court last year, just hours after the hit reality show finale on Channel 10.

Williams allegedly had phone sex with a woman via FaceTime when he took screenshots of her without her knowledge and sent them back to her.

He denied any wrongdoing and his attorney Lauren MacDougall appeared in court on his behalf to formally file a not guilty plea for the criminal charge.

Justified: The comedian, 39, was found not guilty by magistrate Eve Wynhausen in Downing Center local court in Sydney on March 25

Justified: The comedian, 39, was found not guilty by magistrate Eve Wynhausen in Downing Center local court in Sydney on March 25

The incident reportedly took place in November 2020, while Ash was in lockdown prior to his debut on I’m a Celebrity.

“In November 2020, officers from the Inner West Police Area Command received a report of a crime allegedly committed by a 38-year-old man,” the NSW Police Department said at the time.

“After further investigation, the man was charged with intentionally recording intimate images without permission on Friday, December 18, 2020.”

Williams said at the time the accusation had left him feeling “shocked and confused”.

“I was completely taken aback by the allegation and I propose to defend the charges. I am really upset by the allegation and saddened by the impact it has had on members of my family, especially my mother,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

'I'm really upset': Williams said the allegation had left him 'shocked and confused'

‘I’m really upset’: Williams said the allegation had left him ‘shocked and confused’

Advertisement

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More