I’m A Celebrity ‘has been given the go-ahead by Australian Border Force to return to the jungle’

0

I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here has reportedly been given the green light by the Australian Border Force to return to the jungle.

According to reports on Thursday, the show, hosted by Ant and Dec, has been given the option to film Down Under, after the 2020 series was filmed at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Wales due to travel restrictions amid the coronavirus crisis.

While there is now the option to return to the jungle, an ITV spokesperson told MailOnline that no decision has yet been made on whether or not to return to Australia.

Could it be? I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Outta Here ‘has been given the green light by the Australian Border Force to return and film in the jungle,’ it was reported Thursday.

A spokesperson said: “No final decision has yet been made on the location for the new series.”

Meanwhile, a source from the frontier force said The sun: ‘Everyone is delighted with this news. All signs now point to a return to the jungle.

As wonderful as a year in the castle was, the show is made by the surroundings and the glitter and glamor of the jungle.

ITV has been assured by Australian border control officials that even if there is still a broader travel ban on tourists, they will get the paperwork and permission they need to send cast and crew to Oz. It’s a great moment. ‘

Feature: The show would have been given the option to film Down Under, after the 2020 series was filmed at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Wales (2020 winner Giovanna Fletcher)

Feature: The show would have been given the option to film Down Under, after the 2020 series was filmed at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Wales (2020 winner Giovanna Fletcher)

Entry to Australia is currently closed to most arrivals amid the pandemic.

Travelers who are in New Zealand for 14 days or more can travel to Australia by air and do not need a waiver.

Australian citizens and returning permanent residents and their immediate family members may enter Australia without exemption.

Giovanna Fletcher was crowned first Queen of the Castle last December, beating Jordan North and Vernon Kay to first place.

In April, it was reported that show bosses don’t know if I’m A Celebrity will be able to return to its usual home in Australia until September for the upcoming 2021 series.

According to The mirroreveryone is thought to be ‘very excited’ to return to the jungle and it is now just a ‘waiting game’ to know if it will be possible.

When contacted by MailOnline, ITV representatives determined, 'No final decision has been made on the location for the new series' (Myleene Klass in 2006 photo)

When contacted by MailOnline, ITV representatives determined, ‘No final decision has been made on the location for the new series’ (Myleene Klass in 2006 photo)

An insider said: ‘Everyone would like to return to Down Under this year, but of course it depends on what the Australian authorities will allow.

‘We won’t know for sure if we can get back to the Gold Coast until the beginning of fall, then it will be much clearer. Until then, we have to wait. ‘

MailOnline contacted representatives of I’m A Celebrity at the time for further comment.

In March, ITV CEO Dame Carolyn McCall confirmed that bosses hope the show will return to the jungle, because that’s how the show is ‘intended’.

As the network published the group’s annual results, she said, ‘If we can go back to Australia – and this show is for Australia – that’s what we’ll do. If not, we have a very good plan, because we have already done that once (in the castle). ‘

Prior to the confirmation, hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly made claims that this year’s series will return to Wales.

The presenting duo said they would be ‘very happy’ to stay in the UK to film when the series returns later this year, joking that they ‘wouldn’t miss the jet lag’.

Last year’s I’m A Celebrity was moved to Gwrych Castle in Wales after plans to shoot the usual show in Australia became impossible due to COVID.

Are you going back for the second round?  There has been speculation that the show will return to Gwrych Castle in Wales for the 2021 series with reports claiming ITV has already booked it as a backup

Are you going back for the second round? There has been speculation that the show will return to Gwrych Castle in Wales for the 2021 series with reports claiming ITV has already booked it as a backup

Speak against Digital spy magazine, Ant said, ‘If we had to stay put during the coronavirus and do it again in Wales, I’d be really happy.

‘We were made very welcome in Wales. There were cardboard cutouts of me and Dec in the butcher, and the local school paid tribute. We would love to go back there. We would miss the sunshine, you know. ‘

Dec added that he would ‘not be disappointed’ if filming in Wales again later this year, adding, ‘The people in Wales were nice …

They would stay!  Ant and Dec also said they would be 'very happy' to stay in the UK to film when the series returns later this year, joking that they 'wouldn't miss the jet lag'

They would stay! Ant and Dec also said they would be ‘very happy’ to stay in the UK to film when the series returns later this year, joking that they ‘wouldn’t miss the jet lag’

‘They made us feel very welcome. I had a good time. I will miss the sunshine, but I will not miss the jet lag of coming back from Australia. ‘

In February, it was reported that ITV bosses had already used the castle for another series should the Covid crisis prevent a return to Australia.

A source said The sun: ‘Ultimately, they are at the mercy of the limitations of COVID-19. An agreement has been formally signed for the use of Gwrych Castle this year. Should the show take place there again, everything will have a green light. ‘

ITV leased the 19th-century castle in 2020 for six weeks at a cost of £ 1 million, after Covid-19 ruled out the usual setting in Australia. The network also announced an extremely Covid Management Plan to ensure the series ran smoothly.

This included the celebrities who were tested every three days and crew members who wore proximity buzzers and masks and received temperature checks upon arrival.

The celebrities also had to isolate for two weeks before arriving. The new venue was warmly received by viewers, with some even calling for the show to make Wales its new permanent home.

Talk: ITV CEO Dame Carolyn McCall confirmed earlier this year that bosses hope the show will return to the jungle (pictured in 2018)

Talk: ITV CEO Dame Carolyn McCall confirmed earlier this year that bosses hope the show will return to the jungle (pictured in 2018)

.