Hull 13-31 Wakefield: Trinity's latest surge ensures a rare victory for the Humber

<pre><pre>Hull 13-31 Wakefield: Trinity's latest surge ensures a rare victory for the Humber

Wakefield won for the first time in six visits to KCOM Stadium to launch his Super 8s campaign with a 31-13 win at Hull thanks to a spree of points in the last quarter.

The visitors of Chris Chester lost 13-7 with Max Jowitt in the bucket of sin in the middle of the second half.

But attempts by Bill Tupou, Pauli Pauli and Tom Johnstone plus six goals from Ryan Hampshire ensured Trinity continued their recent 72-10 win at home over whites and whites with another success.

Despite the recent travel sickness, Hull had dominated Trinity at KCOM Stadium, with Trinity's last victory at 23-16 in May 2014.

But they had no response to Wakefield's rise in power that lifts them above Lee Radford at the table.

Eight of FC's initial team appeared in Radford's 13 initials for the humiliation at Wakefield, but made a first team debut with former London Broncos player Lewis Bienek.

Hull made the best possible opening to his mission of revenge with the support of Scott Taylor on the short pass of Danny Houghton for a try converted by Marc Sneyd after 10 minutes.

Little by little, however, Wakefield gained territorial superiority and Ben Jones-Bishop dropped the ball on the try line in a promising raid.

And after a torrential downpour ensured that driving suddenly became much more complicated, Trinity leveled after 32 minutes.

Prow Craig Huby was close enough to the test line to catch Kyle Wood's assistance and dive.

Hampshire, who kicked 12 of his 13 goal attempts in last month's game, added the extras to tie the scores.

Ex-Hull midfielder Jacob Miller and Sneyd exchanged goals in the final 90 seconds of the half to put the score at 7-7 at halftime.

A rare Danny Houghton 40/20 became a big advantage when Jowitt was stabbed by referee Jack Smith for throwing the ball away.

Moments later, Sneyd missed a test penalty awarded to Justin Horo, but then turned down another easier opportunity after Pauli's infringement.

It was a wise decision, since lateral Jamie Shaul opened the trinity with 12 men after 56 minutes. The Sneyd conversion put FC 13-7 on the front.

Hampshire's penalty in the 60th minute reduced the lead to 13-9 before the return of Jowitt further increased Wakefield's chances of return.

And they made the most of their return to loot 22 more points in the last 20 minutes with Hampshire finishing with 14 points.

(function() {
var _fbq = window._fbq || (window._fbq = []);
if (!_fbq.loaded) {
var fbds = document.createElement(‘script’);
fbds.async = true;
fbds.src = “”;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(fbds, s);
_fbq.loaded = true;
_fbq.push([‘addPixelId’, ‘1401367413466420’]);
window._fbq = window._fbq || [];
window._fbq.push([“track”, “PixelInitialized”, {}]);