Hugh Jackman has joined a chorus of entertainment industry figures who have spoken out against producer Scott Rudin for his allegedly abusive behavior on set.
Jackman, 52, said in a statement on Wednesday that Rudin, 62, was the main voice yet to be heard, and ‘he has now spoken and stepped away from the Music Man.’
The X-Men star’s statement was released just days after his Music Man costar Sutton Foster Rudin’s recent decision to “ step back ” from the production called “ the only positive outcome. ”
Speaking: Hugh Jackman, 52, released a statement on Wednesday applauding those who spoke out against disgraced producer Scott Rudin and vowing to rebuild his team in the upcoming Music Man production on Broadway; seen March 2020 in NYC
While Jackman was on the same page in agreeing with Foster that Rudin should go, he did not condemn the allegedly abusive movie, television, and Broadway producer.
He also avoided mentioning the widespread stories of Rudin’s alleged bullying and abuse in the workplace.
“I want to say how much respect and appreciation I have for the people who have spoken about their experience with Scott Rudin,” Jackman wrote. “It takes a tremendous amount of courage and strength to stand up and declare your truth.”
This has sparked a long-overdue conversation, not just on Broadway and in the entertainment industry, but among all employees. The main voice we needed to hear was Scott Rudin, he has now spoken and stepped away from the Music Man, ‘he continued.
Pronounced, “I want to say how much respect and appreciation I have for the people who have spoken about their experience working with Scott Rudin,” said Jackman of those who accused Rudin of bullying; Seen Rudin in Beverly Hills in 2011
Changes: He said the show strives to “create an environment that is not only safe, but ensures that everyone is seen, heard and appreciated”; seen in London in 2019
I hope and pray that this is a healing journey for all victims and the community. We are currently rebuilding the Music Man team and strive for an environment that is not only safe, but also ensures that everyone is seen, heard and appreciated. This is something that has always been and has been very important to me. ‘
Jackman was originally supposed to start his run in The Music Man last September, but the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has pushed the premiere date back several times since then.
Production is currently scheduled to begin previews in December, with the official opening on February 10, 2022.
On Monday, Foster appeared in an Instagram Live video and apologized for waiting to speak out about Rudin’s alleged behavior.
“It’s an incredibly unfortunate situation, but the only positive outcome is the result and I know Hugh feels exactly the same,” she said.
Production is currently scheduled to begin previews in December, with the official opening on February 10, 2022
Speaking: On Monday, his costar Sutton Foster appeared in an Instagram Live video and apologized for waiting to speak out about Rudin’s alleged behavior, although she defended not responding amid the initial social media uproar
Take a Stand: Foster planned to leave The Music Man if Rudin didn’t leave the production, a source told The Hollywood Reporter. However, another source said that Jackman had not issued such an ultimatum; still from Younger
Foster even planned to leave The Music Man if Rudin didn’t leave the production, a source said The Hollywood Reporter.
However, another source said Jackman had not issued such an ultimatum.
After an exposé from April 7 in The Hollywood Reporter About Rudin in which his former employees shared details of his supposedly abusive and violent behavior, the superproducer announced on April 17 that he was renouncing “active participation” in all of his Broadway productions.
Because of the detail-free language, many theater insiders wondered what that would look like in practice, and whether Rudin could still benefit financially from the productions.
On Tuesday, Rudin announced that he was also distancing himself from his film and television productions.
Opening: An exposé in The Hollywood Reporter quoted former Rudin executives as claiming he was offensive and had a reputation for throwing objects, including a glass bowl and baked potato; seen in 2014
Bloody: the producer allegedly sent an employee to hospital after smashing a computer monitor on his hand; seen with (LR) Ethan and Joel Coen in 2008
Among the charges was an apparent patron of Rudin throwing objects at his staff, including a glass bowl and a baked potato.
Two employees reportedly had to go to hospital as a result of his outbursts. Rudin reportedly hit an Apple computer monitor on a staff member’s hand, cutting them due to the shattered screen’s broken glass.
Another staff member had to go to hospital due to workplace stress.
Rudin’s behavior appears to have been an open secret in the entertainment industry and there have been reports of abusive and violent behavior for years, although Rudin’s position in the industry remained unabated until the latest exposé was published.
Rudin’s behavior appears to have been an open secret, and abusive behavior has been reported for years, although his position in the industry has remained undiminished; seen with convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein in 2002