I spend a lot of time personalizing every aspect of my laptop: pasting stickers at the top, separating all my icons in folders on my desktop and, thanks to a little trick I learned on TikTok, using my favorite GIFs as wallpaper on Google Chrome.
It’s a super simple process that makes using Google Chrome a bit more personal. All it takes is a few seconds and you have a bleak white non-background like this:
to this very good GIF from Marceline playing a song in Adventure Time.
To customize your own Google Chrome page, do the following:
- Find any GIF you want to use. Right-click to open the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the “Save As” option, make sure to add “.PNG” after the name
- Change it under ‘Format’ from GIF to ‘All files’. It should look something like the image below.
- Then open a new Google Chrome tab page and click on the ‘Customize’ option in the bottom right corner. The icon looks like a small pen or wand.
- You will be greeted with this screen. Click on ‘Upload from device’ and find the GIF you saved as PNG.
- And now your Google Chrome page should be playing the GIF!