Home chef shows how to make your own five-ingredient McMuffins at home, and it only takes 10 minutes
- Cook Shares His Homemade McMuffin Hack
- Amelia uses Coles turkey meatballs
- She cooks everything in a deep fryer
A cook shared how she makes her own high-protein McMuffin breakfast in just ten minutes.
Amelia Ericksen, from Melbourne, shared her ‘game-changing’ hack for her homemade Maccas breakfast that only uses five ingredients.
The pastry chef, who goes by Yummelia online, uses Coles turkey croquettes that she flattens and freezes on parchment paper so they cook quickly in the morning.
Amelia cooks the pre-made turkey burger in an air fryer along with an egg and an English muffin.
Enthusiast’s ‘delicious’ McMuffin hack wowed thousands online after she shared it on a TikTok video as many begged for the full recipe.
scroll down for video
Cake decorator and home chef Amelia Ericksen (pictured), from Melbourne, wowed thousands online after sharing her simple recipe for a homemade Turkey McMuffin.
Amelia, who goes by the name Yummelia online, said her five-ingredient McMuffin takes just ten minutes to make in the morning and is filling and high in protein.
Amelia uses Steggles turkey nuggets she buys from Coles for $8.50 and places them between two layers of parchment paper.
Smash the meatballs to make them thinner with the bottom of a glass or bottle, cut the paper to separate each patty, and freeze them in a container.
“When I go to eat them in the morning, they’re ready to go and are on a nice piece of parchment paper so I don’t make a mess in the fryer, and honestly, it’s a game changer,” she explained. .
Amelia removes the top layer of parchment paper from the turkey meatball before putting it in the air fryer with an egg and an English muffin.
“Then I cracked an egg into this little can – it’s just a little can for anyone who wants to know – and I sprayed it a little bit first,” he said.
He puts six turkey meatballs on a sheet of baking paper, puts another sheet on top, crushes them with a glass to make them thinner and freezes them.
Amelia places the frozen turkey burger in a deep fryer along with an English muffin and an egg which she cracks into a mini pie pan.
‘I separate the bun and put it directly in the fryer’
She cooks the egg, turkey and muffin in the deep fryer for “about six minutes” at 180°C.
Once the egg is cooked and the bun is crispy, you take them out of the fryer, then flip the turkey burger over and put it back in for further cooking.
To assemble the McMuffin dupe, Amelia tops the bottom half of the bun with the egg, a slice of cheese, the turkey meatball, a drizzle of siracha sauce, and the other half of the bun.
She said the whole process takes around ten minutes in the morning and is “nice,” “filling,” and “high in protein.”
Amelia shared the recipe in two TikTok videos that together amassed more than 706,200 views.
“Wait girl you just changed my life a bit,” wrote one impressed viewer.
‘Is the egg cooking in a mini pie tin?!? Because that’s cool! he asked for a second.
“Excuse me, I’ll change my ENTIRE stressful morning routine,” one woman replied.
“You’ve made my life a bit easier, I never would have thought to cook an egg in the deep fryer,” another admitted.
RECIPE: How to Make a High Protein McMuffin in Your Air Fryer
- Steggles Turkey Meatballs – $8.50
- Tip Top Whole Grain English Muffins Six Pack – $2.75
- Coles Sandwich Cheese Slices, Smoked Flavor – $3.70
- 1 egg
- siracha sauce
- To prepare the turkey burgers, arrange the meatballs on a sheet of parchment paper and place another sheet on top.
- Mash the meatballs with a glass or bottle, then cut the paper to separate each patty, stack and place in the freezer.
- To make the McMuffin, take one of the frozen meatballs out of the freezer, remove the top layer of parchment paper, and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Crack an egg into a small tin or pie pan and place in the deep fryer along with English muffins separated into two halves.
- Cook at 180C for six minutes, remove the boiled egg and the bun which should be golden and crisp.
- Flip the burger over and place it back in the fryer for a few minutes until cooked through.
- To assemble the McMuffin, layer the egg, burger, cheese slice, and siracha sauce between muffin halves.