How to install the Disney Plus app on the Amazon Firestick and Fire TV devices
The Amazon Firestick can turn any old TV into a smart one with access to all your favorite videos, movies and shows from Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, BBC, YouTube and more into brilliant 4K Ultra HD and Dolby Vision, HDR and HDR10 +.
Even better, Disney and Amazon seem to have reached an agreement so that Disney Plus is compatible with Amazon Fire TV devices. This means that if you don’t have a smart TV, the Firestick is one of the cheapest ways to get DisneyPlus on your TV. If you are an Amazon Prime member, you also get free delivery on the Fire TV Stick with 4K Ultra HD.
The Disney Plus app will be available for installation on Firestick and Fire TV devices in the UK from 24 March 2020. If you use the pre-order offer from Disney Plus, you can save £ 10 on the annual subscription. The pre-launch discount is available until March 23.
The popular 4K streaming media player remote also has Alexa voting function, similar to other Amazon smart products, such as an Echo Dot. So you can start shows by simply pressing the voice control button on the remote control and giving voice commands such as ‘Play Disney Plus’ in the integrated microphone.
Disney Plus is compatible with Amazon Fire TV devices, including the Firestick
How to download Disney Plus on your Amazon Firestick from 24 March 2020:
- Enter ‘Disney Plus’ in the search bar at the top left of your screen and select from the list
- Select the Disney Plus app under ‘Apps & Games’ and click on ‘Get’
- Wait a few minutes Disney Plus to download
- You will then be asked to open the Disney + app
- You can open the app or return to the home screen
- If you wish, you can move Disney Plus to the front of “Your apps and channels” by hovering the Disney Plus app and clicking the Options button on your remote control (three horizontal lines). Then click on ‘Move’
- You have installed the Disney Plus app and are ready to use
Register with Disney Plus in the UK
If you want to subscribe Disney Plus early and save £ 10, you must create a Disney + account on the website and purchase the annual subscription. The pre-launch discount is available until March 23, 2020 and you will not have access to Disney + content until March 24. This is how you sign up:
- Click on the ‘Pre-order now’ button to subscribe to Disney Plus
- When you are asked to create a Disney Plus account, simply enter your email address, read and agree to the terms and conditions and create a password
- After this step you must enter your payment details and click on ‘Agree & Subscribe’
- You will also receive an email with information to confirm your subscription.
Disney Plus UK can be installed on Firestick and Fire TV devices from 24 March 2020
Which other devices can I stream Disney Plus?
The Disney Plus app is also available on Android and Apple, plus video game consoles PS4 and Xbox One. You may also get Disney Plus on the Nintendo Switch in your web browser. Download to your smartphone to watch anywhere and anytime on the go.
If you want to access Disney Plus directly through your TV, you must contact your manufacturer for specific Disney Plus functionality. If your TV does not have this feature, you can always invest in a Chromecast or similar gadget.
Smart TVs from Samsung that work with the Tizen OS have a special Disney Plus app ready to launch, so you can immediately start streaming Baby Yoda and other manufacturers will offer similar apps.
Sky has also signed a deal with Disney, meaning that Sky Q customers in the UK and Ireland can pay for Disney Plus access on March 24, 2020.
MailOnline can earn commission on sales via the links on this page.