E-Aadhaar is a digital form of your Aadhaar card, which is meant for several government verifications. Just like the Aadhaar card, it consists of a twelve-digit unique identification number. Besides it, an E-Aadhaar shares similar features to that of the Aadhaar card such as name, age, date of birth, demographic detail, biometric data, and photograph of an individual.
A citizen residing in India requires an Aadhaar card to avail of the services and benefits provided by the Government of India. In short, it is an identity card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to every Indian citizen.
Whenever a person applies for an Aadhaar card by paying a visit to the nearest Aadhaar center or Post office, they do have the option to download and print UIDAI Aadhaar with the help of a virtual ID, enrolment ID. Below mentioned are the steps to download an E-Aadhaar card online.
- The first step is to browse through the official website of Aadhaar i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/
- Now click the ‘Download Aadhaar’ available in My Aadhaar option by visiting the website link https://eeAadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Next, you may choose ‘Aadhaar’ under ‘I have’ option
- In this step, you are supposed to input a 12-digit Aadhaar number and click ‘I want a masked Aadhaar’ only if you prefer to download a masked Aadhaar
- Now enter the CAPTCHA verification code and select ‘Send OTP’ to obtain the one-time password in your registered mobile number.
- Input the respective OTP given in the mobile number.
- The last step is to complete the verification process by clicking the option ‘Verify and download’. You could obtain an electronic copy of Aadhaar
If you intend to download Aadhaar in PDF format, then you may enter the password and it must include the initial four letters of your name along with the year of birth. Pay close attention while entering your name since it should be in CAPITALS.
Downloading an Aadhaar card using Aadhaar number: Make sure that you have your enrolment number along with the date, time, and acknowledgement slip if in case you do not possess an Aadhaar card.
Another alternative way to download an e-Aadhaar card is through the virtual ID: —
- Initial steps involve visiting the official portal of UIDAI
- Select ‘Download Aadhaar’
- Now choose the virtual ID or VID option from the ‘I have’ option
- Input your virtual ID, full name, pin code as well as security code
- In step five, you are required to generate OTP by clicking ‘Send OTP’
- E-Aadhaar will be automatically downloaded to your desktop PC
- Users could view by inputting relevant Aadhaar card password
- In the final step, enter 8 digit password to view the PDF file
How to download an e-Aadhaar card with the help of an enrolment number (EID)?
You may enter Aadhaar Enrolment Number to retrieve and download your Aadhaar number. Go through the below-mentioned steps:–
- Browse through the official website of www.uidai.gov.in
- Now, click the option ‘Download Aadhaar’
- In step three, users will be redirected to the site https://eAadhaar.uidai.gov.in//
- Input the respective 14-digit enrolment number along with 14-digit time and date values.
- Enter full name, image CAPTCHA code as well as pin code.
- Now select ‘Request OTP’ to generate an OTP
- In step seven, press the ‘Confirm’ button
- As soon as the user press the confirmation button, he/ she will receive a One Time Password or OTP on their registered mobile number
- Input the OTP and choose the option ‘Download Aadhaar’.
- Download an electronic copy of the Aadhaar card.
Download an E-Aadhaar card using the DOB and name of an individual
Users do have the option to download the Aadhaar number by inputting the name and date of birth. Go through the below-mentioned steps.
- First, browse through the official website of https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid
- Input your full name or registered email ID or mobile number along with security code.
- Now click the option ‘Send OTP’
- The fourth step involves verification of a one-time password by entering the OTP received through your mobile phone
- Now you will come across a message that the Aadhaar number is being delivered to the mobile number.
- Once you have procured the Aadhaar enrolment number, you are supposed to visit the E-Aadhaar available on the official website of UIDAI.
- Now click the option ‘I have Aadhaar’
- Input relevant information such as enrolment number, full name, pin code, image captcha.
- Choose ‘Request OTP’
- A one-time password will be delivered to your registered mobile number and use this OTP to download your Aadhaar number.
What are the steps to download e-Aadhaar using a Digi-locker account?
Very recently, Digilocker had teamed up with UIDAI to make sure that cardholders have access to the Digilocker account linked with Aadhaar. Digilocker is a cloud-based portal for preserving, sharing, verification, and delivery of certificates in a digital format.
- Firstly, browse through the official website of Digilocker i.e. https://digilocker.gov.in/
- Now click the ‘Sign-in’ button and input a 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Submit the ‘Verify OTP’ button
- In the last stage, a page appears on the screen saying ‘Issued document’ and downloads E-Aadhaar with the help of the save icon.
How to procure an Aadhaar card in the absence of a registered mobile number?
- Firstly, pay a visit to the nearby Aadhaar center along with the Aadhaar number
- Do not forget to enter relevant biometric information such as retina scan and thumb verification
- It is essential to carry supporting identity proofs including PAN card and Identity card
- The concerned officer at the Aadhaar center will hand over a printout of Aadhaar.
Ways to download an Aadhaar card using a UMANG app
- First, download and activate the UMANG app
- Choose the option ‘Aadhaar card’ available under the services tab
- Choose View Aadhaar card from digilocker’
- Now you may access the Digilocker account or Aadhaar number
- Input the OTP password obtained through registered mobile number
- Click the ‘Verify OTP’ option.
- Now you may download the electronic copy of Aadhaar by choosing the download icon.
In this article, we provide some of the best ways to download e-Aadhaar cards online. Now, it is up to your discretion to pick a suitable method to download an Aadhaar card in electronic format.
Relevant Articles: Apply personal loan up to 5 lakhs in Aadhaar Card onl