In the Fortnite 23.50 patch update, a new cipher quest line has been added that gives you a bunch of quests that will reward you with experience, a spray, a loading screen, an emoticon and a wrap when completed. However, the command line also came with “Encrypted Cipher Commands” that require you to crack a code to decipher the location of the command. Solving the riddle can be quite difficult, so let us help! Follow our step-by-step walkthroughs to find out how to decipher the mission names and where to go to complete the Encrypted Cipher missions in Fortnite.
How to decipher the encrypted cipher quests in Fortnite
The Fortnite Status Twitter account posted a tweet roughly when the downtime for patch 23.50 will begin, but it also included a number at the beginning of the tweet: “3 18 1 3 11 20 8 5 3 15 4 5.” like you replace the numbers in the sequence with their respective letter in the alphabet, you get “Crack the code”, meaning players will have to do that for the names of the quests themselves. However, there is an additional step that you can find in Fortnite if you look at the Cipher quests. You should subtract the numbers in the loop sequence found in the command page message (0.3.1.0.22.214.171.124) from the number sequence in each of the command names. (The first number in the loop sequence must be subtracted from the first number in the command name sequence, and so on.) After subtracting the numbers, replace the numbers with the letters of the alphabet to find the true code.
Phase 1 of 3 – 126.96.36.199.14. 188.8.131.52.21.6 — Anvil Square
- Travel to the east garage building on Anvil Square Fortnite. If you need help finding the building, see the image above for help.
- Break the safe inside, which will reveal a staircase to an underground bunker.
- Go down and find the next coded number on the wall.
- Respond to the message to unlock the next stage.
Phase 2 of 2 – 184.108.40.206.27. 1.22. 220.127.116.11.20.21. 18.104.22.168 — Spray at Splits Bowl
- Travel to Splits Bowl, the bowling alley in Faulty Splits. If you need help finding the bowling alley, check out the image above for help.
- Enter the bowling alley and open your emote wheel by pressing the D-Pad for consoles, or press “B” on PC.
- Spray the special “Distant Roar” spray on every surface in Splits Bowl to complete the quest.
Phase 2 of 3 – 22.214.171.124.14.25. 126.96.36.199 — Lonely Laboratories
- Go to Lonely Labs, located near the northeastern part of the map Fortnite.
- Enter the open storage container located next to the Capture Point flag. If you need help finding the container, see the image above for help.
- Go down the stairs and interact with one of the computers on the bottom floor to complete the quest.
Phase 3 of 3 – 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.4. 220.127.116.11.19 — Shattered plates
- Go to the northwestern region of Shattered Slabs and go to the multi-level hill. If you need help locating the area, see the image above for help.
- Climb to the top of the hill to reach a covered area.
- Swing your harvesting tools to the designated area on the floor to discover the hidden arcade machine and complete the quest.