MANILA, Philippines – The House of Representatives recently passed a resolution honoring 10 recipients of the 2023 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Award for their achievements, commitment and contributions to public service.
House Resolution (HR) No. 1312, consolidated with HR No. 1298, was introduced by Speaker Ferdinand Martin Romualdez and other lawmakers, congratulating the recipients of the award, which is given to outstanding individuals in the academic, military and police sectors. .
“While the House of Representatives, for exemplifying commitment, selflessness and dedication in the pursuit of public service, proudly joins the Metrobank Foundation Inc. in honoring and commending these ten exceptional individuals who exemplify public service as a worthy endeavor,” the adopted resolution read last September 20.
“The House of Representatives now resolves to congratulate and commend the 2023 Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipino Awardees for their dedication and steadfast commitment to delivering exceptional public service,” it added.
READ: House passes resolution in honor of late DMW Secretary Ople
In a statement on Sunday, Romualdez said the winners include four teachers, three military personnel and three police officers. These are:
- Rex Sario, Master Teacher I or teacher-in-charge of Balogo Elementary School (Pangantucan, Bukidnon)
- June Elias Patalinghug, EdD, Master Teacher II at Catalunan Grade Elementary School (Davao City)
- Edgar Durana, MAEd, Master Teacher I or SPED Coordinator at Don Jose M. Ynares Sr. Memorial National High School (Binangonan, Rizal)
- Jovelyn Delosa, Ph.D., Associate Professor or Vice President for Academic Affairs of Northern Bukidnon State College (Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon)
- Staff Sergeant Danilo Banquiao, Civil-Military Noncommissioned Officer of the 103rd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division of the Philippine Army (Marawi City, Lanao del Sur)
- Lt. Col. Joseph Bitancur, Assistant Commandant of the Basic Military School, Air Education, Training and Doctrine Command-Philippine Air Force (Lipa City, Batangas)
- Col. Joseph Jeremias Cirilo Dator, Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations of the Presidential Security Group and former Commanding Officer of the 10th Military Intelligence Battalion, 10th Infantry Division (Mawab, Davao de Oro)
- Chief Master Sergeant Dennis Bendo, Section Team Leader of the District Mobile Force Battalion of the Manila Police District
- Major Mae Ann Cunanan, Chief of the Police Community Relations Criminal Investigation and Detection Group and former Chief of the Case Monitoring Section, Regional Investigation and Detection Management Division, PRO 9 in Zamboanga City
- Col. Renell Sabaldica, head of the Morale and Welfare Division of the Personnel and Document Management Directorate in Camp Crame, Quezon City, and former provincial director of the Cagayan Provincial Police Department in Tuguegarao City
In awarding the awards to teachers, soldiers and police officers, the foundation collaborates with the Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Rotary Club of Makati Metro, Philippine National Police, Philippine Savings Bank. and Rotary Club of New Manila East.