Horrified mother, 31, warns parents about the Fortnite video game after her son breaks and recreates arm movements

Four-year-old Harrison Day missed her first day of elementary school after breaking her arm while copying moves from the popular online multiplayer apocalyptic survival game.

Four-year-old Harrison Day missed her first day of elementary school after breaking her arm while copying moves from the popular online multiplayer apocalyptic survival game.

Four-year-old Harrison Day missed her first day of elementary school after breaking her arm while copying moves from the popular online multiplayer apocalyptic survival game.

A horrified mother of three is warning parents to keep their young children away from Fortnite after their four-year-old son broke his arm while trying to recreate a videogame movement.

Harrison Day missed his first day of elementary school after breaking his arm while copying moves from the popular online multiplayer apocalyptic survival game.

Charley Dale, 31, had put him in bed, but the young man sneaked into the room of his older brother Joshua, where the nine-year-old boy was watching videos of the game on YouTube.

Joshua was using earphones to watch the videos, and therefore was not aware that his little brother was secretly watching from the door.

A couple of days later, Harrison decided to recreate what he had seen jumping off a slide in the family's backyard while holding an umbrella, but everything went wrong.

Charley, also Oliver's father, one year old, said: "I could see it from the kitchen window, I was just playing in the back garden.

"Then he tried to jump down the side of the slide, which is almost impossible, and let go of the umbrella, but his left arm was still attached to the top of the slide and it fell down and literally broke.

Harrison decided to recreate what he had seen jumping off a slide in the family's backyard while holding an umbrella, but it went horribly wrong

Harrison decided to recreate what he had seen jumping off a slide in the family's backyard while holding an umbrella, but it went horribly wrong

Harrison decided to recreate what he had seen jumping off a slide in the family's backyard while holding an umbrella, but it went horribly wrong

"He came running towards me and I put an arm around him because he was dialing 999 and he screamed for an entire hour because it hurt a lot.

"The bones did not come out but his arm was disfigured and almost from the wrist down was loose.

& # 39; It was horrible; I had never seen anything like it and I did not know what was going to happen. "

Charley, who lives with Harrison and Oliver's father, Lee Day, 27, now urges other parents to watch younger children, especially if they have an older sibling who plays the "dangerous" game or has access to videos of the.

The father, from Bicester, Oxfordshire, said: "Once he was pain-free, Harrison was very proud to tell us that he had seen the video in his brother's room, that he had seen an umbrella and thought he would try it, and he was pretty proud of the fact that the first two times went well.

– He really got off lightly; the trauma team of the hospital thought that they would have to wire it but fortunately managed to manipulate it and put it in a mold. It could have been much more than his arm.

Mother Charley, also the mother of a one-year-old boy, Oliver and Joshua, nine years old, said: "I could see him from the kitchen window, he was just playing in the backyard, then he tried to jump from the side of the slide, but his left arm was still attached to the top of the slide and he fell and literally broke up & # 39;

Mother Charley, also the mother of a one-year-old boy, Oliver and Joshua, nine years old, said: "I could see him from the kitchen window, he was just playing in the backyard, then he tried to jump from the side of the slide, but his left arm was still attached to the top of the slide and he fell and literally broke up & # 39;

Mother Charley, also the mother of a one-year-old boy, Oliver and Joshua, nine years old, said: "I could see him from the kitchen window, he was just playing in the backyard, then he tried to jump from the side of the slide, but his left arm was still attached to the top of the slide and he fell and literally broke up & # 39;

Charley added that she thought Fortnite was a dangerous game because young children were playing it or watching videos of him.

"I would say that if an older brother has access to the Internet, I just tried to keep the young children, what I thought I had done, I had put them in bed," he added.

"I think kids should be taught that a game is a game because Harrison said, 'Well, if I die, it would be fine' and I said, 'No, life does not happen like that.'

"I do not know where he got that from."

The NSPCC has previously warned parents to make sure children playing Fortnite stay safe online.

The children's charity launched the advice for parents, along with O2, after concerns about an in-game feature that automatically allows users to talk to other players through text and voice chat.

The children's charity launched the advice for parents, along with O2, after concerns about an in-game feature that automatically allows users to talk to other players through text and voice chat.

The children's charity launched the advice for parents, along with O2, after concerns about an in-game feature that automatically allows users to talk to other players through text and voice chat.

The charity for children launched the advice for parents, along with O2, following concerns about an in-game feature that automatically allows users to talk to other players through text and voice chat.

It means that children who play can be contacted by strangers. Voice chat can be disabled, but the text function can not be disabled.

Creator Epic Games says it does not run the game to children under 13 in the UK, according to the NSPCC.

The PEGI rating for the game is 12 years old, however, PEGI does not take into account chat functions when rating games.

Other parents have warned that children become addicted to gambling or accumulate large bills while using it.

Other parents have warned that children become addicted to gambling or accumulate large bills while using it

Other parents have warned that children become addicted to gambling or accumulate large bills while using it

Other parents have warned that children become addicted to gambling or accumulate large bills while using it

A 10-year-old fan in Bridgend, Wales, spent almost £ 1,200 making purchases on the app without his mother's knowledge.

Meanwhile, a 14-year-old boy in Sydney, Australia, is so addicted to Fortnite and other computer games that he has not attended school for two years and head-butted his mother when she tried to stop him.

Police officers in Belfast also issued a warning after a stranger tricked a 12-year-old boy into sending a picture of Snapchat through the social media application, having engaged in a conversation with him through the online game .

Subsequently, the student was asked to send photographs of himself in exchange for £ 500 in Fortnite vouchers.

Epic Games, creator of Fortnite, was contacted to comment

.