While old is gold, sometimes getting rid of old stuff could do you better than good. For instance, getting rid of your old skin cells could help you bring out the newer and fresh ones, which would give a beautiful glow to your skin. A face scrub enables you to achieve just that. We all know that the face scrubs found in the market mostly use different kinds of chemicals. But you can also make them at your home, mostly without the help of any chemicals. Sounds fun, right?! Then read on and see the list of the top three face scrubs that you could make at home and how to make them!
Benefits of Scrubs:
Before we go on, let us first examine some of the benefits that face scrubs offer us. Be it a face scrub for oily skin or the normal skin type, face scrub provides you the following benefits.
- Face scrubs provide you with smoother skin by getting rid of the dead skin cells.
- It also provides better circulation by stimulating the surface of the skin and makes it healthier.
- Exfoliating your face also helps you unclog the pores on your skin by removing oils, dirt, and dead skin cells.
Top Three Scrubs to Make at Home
Here are the three most simple yet the most helpful face scrubs that you could make at home. What a great use of DIY culture!
- Oatmeal and yoghurt scrub
Yoghurt is quite good for the health of the skin. It has natural lactic acid, which would help in exfoliating the skin. On the other hand, the oatmeal would play the part of an antioxidant and look after the scrub’s anti-inflammatory aspect to soothe the skin.
- First, grind the oats and form a fine powder. You could use a coffee grinder for this purpose.
- Next, mix this powder with one tablespoon of organic plain Greek yoghurt and one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly and apply the mixture on your skin for 1/2 a minute or so.
- Rinse the scrub off your skin thoroughly with lukewarm water. Put the remaining mixture in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
Honey and oats scrub
Honey again is a common element that is said to be great for your skin. It acts both as an exfoliant as well as a moisturiser. The odds again serve as an antioxidant here.
- First, grind the oats and form a fine powder.
- Take 1/8 cup of honey and warm it in the microwave for a few seconds so that it becomes easier to mix.
- Mix the oats, honey, and 1/8 cup of Jojoba oil.
- Apply it to your skin for about a minute and rinse it off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Keep the remaining of the scrub, if any, in an airtight container stored in the refrigerator.
Strawberry face scrub
This scrub helps not just to clear your skin but also brighten it. It also reduces the number of surface bacteria.
- Take enough strawberries to fill half a cup with mashed strawberries.
- Mix one cup of plain yoghurt with half a cup of mashed strawberries and add half a cup of the almond meal along with just a few drops of raw apple cider vinegar.
- Mix them thoroughly and once done, apply them to your skin.
- Leave the scrub there for 15 minutes and then run it off with lukewarm water.
There you go with a list of brilliant face scrubs. Go ahead and try the one you and your skin are the most comfortable with. You can also use the scrubs readily available at the stores such as the Biotique papaya face scrub, Lotus Herbals face scrub, St. Ives apricot face scrub etc.