Heroic girl, 5, who saved her mother's life by dragging her through their house because it is filled with deadly gas, adorably shows off her muscles when she receives brave prize
- A young girl with carbon monoxide poisoning saved her unconscious mother
- Five-year-old Lily dragged her mother to safety after fainting in their house
- An old gas heater had leaked the deadly carbon monoxide gas into their home
A five-year-old hero saved her mother's life by dragging her away from home after it was filled with deadly gas.
Kindergartener Lily Taione received a special prize from firefighters for her courage in her Frenchs Forest home in northern Sydney on Saturday.
The young girl had carbon monoxide poisoning when she pulled her mother Sacha Whitehead out of the house and walked down the driveway.
She ran to her neighbors for help, who called an ambulance.
Whitehead was diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning with a 21 percent blood level after the couple was taken to the hospital.
Kindergartener Lily Taione (photo right) suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning when she dragged her mother Sacha Whitehead (photo left) out of the house
Whitehead spent three days in the hospital and was lucky to survive, according to doctors.
& # 39; I am so grateful for her (Lily) .. but so proud of her .. so ridiculously proud, & # 39; Scsha said 9News.
& # 39; I thought maybe I was just tired, but then Lily jumped up and said she felt weird … and her legs slumped under her. & # 39;
An old gas heater leaked the deadly gas into the house, leaving all windows and doors closed to keep the heat inside.
The mother and daughter went to the front of the house for fresh air as they began to feel lightheaded.
Mrs. Whitehead collapsed when she went inside to turn the heater off.
The young lily came into action and pulled her unconscious mother down the driveway and stood beside her until help came.
Whitehead (photo) collapsed when she returned due to carbon monoxide poisoning to turn the heater off
Young Lily (photo) jumped into action and pulled her unconscious mother into the driveway and stopped by her until help arrived
Firefighters checked gas levels to make sure their home was safe before the couple returned.
Lily's prize comes after an elderly couple died in their home from a gas leak at 9.50 am on Saturday.
Emergency services were called to the accommodation on Dora Street in Hurstville in southern Sydney, but could not save the couple.
NSW Fire and Rescue has warned that old or cheap heaters can lead to deadly carbon monoxide leaks.
The five-year-old girl (photo) was awarded a special prize by firefighters (photo) for her courage in her Frenchs Forest home in northern Sydney on Saturday
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news