The Nintendo Switch, like anything else that can lift the mood during this incredibly difficult time, is in short supply. And once retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart get it in stock, it sells out quickly. It can be daunting to miss the opportunity to buy a Switch, but fear not! The purpose of this article is to help you do that without paying more than you normally would in retail.
We’ll keep an eye on the web to see where, when and how you can buy a Nintendo Switch (which you can plug into your TV or remove for portable use) or a Switch Lite (the portable only version of the console) as well as any bundles that seem like good deals.
Keep in mind that stock – even Switch consoles that are pre-owned or refurbished – will likely continue to sell out quickly during the pandemic. But we’ll do our best to keep this item up to date with the latest offers in stock, and we’ll tell you when each offer is posted. If something gets out of stock, we’ll try to let you know.
Where can I buy a Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite now?
- Over at Amazon (in stock 04/15), you can buy an updated Nintendo Switch model with neon and blue Joy-Cons, plus a 64 GB SanDisk MicroSD card for $ 319. You can also get a similar bundle, but with a 128 GB MicroSD card for $ 324 at Amazon (in stock 04/15).
- You can buy the updated Nintendo Switch model with red and blue Joy-Cons for $ 300 at Amazon and Target
- Target runs a promotion that gets you a free $ 20 gift card with the purchase of Nintendo’s compact handheld, the Switch Lite. The $ 20 gift card you will receive is to any retailer where you purchase the handheld, and all Switch Lite colors (blue, coral, gray, yellow) are all eligible for the promotion.
- Different, Amazon Best Buy GameStop, and Walmart have Nintendo Switch Lite stock available in a variety of colors.
- GameStop and Best Buy get new supplies from the Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite consoles quite regularly, and it’s a good strategy to keep these pages open so you can quickly add one to your cart when they’re back in stock.
If you’re not against buying a used or refurbished console, you’ll definitely want to check it out GameStopAnother good place to look is Nintendo’s own online store where it sells refurbished Switch consolesThey have recently sold out, but it is impossible to say when the page will be supplemented with some repaired, renewed consoles.
What accessories should I buy for the Nintendo Switch?
Honestly, the Switch comes with everything you need to get started and have fun. However, a few extra purchases can help you get a little more out of your console, and in some cases help it withstand the wear and tear it will no doubt endure.
First, a microSD card helps you expand your Switch’s standard 32 GB storage. Amazon, Best Buy, and other retailers regularly sell cards with up to 512 GB of storage for about $ 75 A 400 GB microSD card will cost you about $ 59, and since each game ranges in download size from 1 GB to tens of gigabytes, the card has plenty of space to store several.
Let’s talk about controllers quickly. The Switch Joy-Cons have a slightly unconventional look. Nonetheless, the Pro Controller is a great alternative to play most Switch games, although some Super Mario party titles require the Joy-Cons to play. If you’re looking for a Switch Pro controller, Walmart also has the Switch Pro controller for $ 59, $ 11 off the regular retail price.
Then buy a tempered glass screen cover. The display on the Switch and Switch Lite is covered in plastic and it only asks for scratches once you take it out of the box. Save the heartbreak by purchasing an affordable, easy-to-apply glass cover from Amazon.
If you want to play with friends online, make sure your saved files are backed up to the cloud and access a range of on-demand games from the original Nintendo console and SNES console era, you’ll want to purchase a Nintendo Switch Online subscription. It’s $ 20 a year for a single user on a console or $ 35 per year for up to eight users on different consoles