Apple TV Plus will be released on November 1 with nine originals, including the apocalyptic sci-fi series by Jason Momoa See and the Jennifer Aniston LED The morning show. TV Plus will be launched on November 1 for $ 4.99 a month. These monthly costs include family access and you even get a whole year of free Apple TV Plus if you buy a new iPhone, iPad or Apple TV.
The morning show and See are accompanied by For All Mankind, Dickinson, Helpsters, Snoopy in Space, Ghostwriter, The Elephant Queen, and a new project from Oprah Winfrey. Here is a brief overview of what these different series and original projects are, from a new Snoopy story to being part of the Oprah book club.
Apple wants TV Plus to become a place for prestigious TV. That's why The morning show and See, in which Apple spent more than $ 15 million per episode on each, receive so much attention.
- The morning show is a series about the politics of a morning show TV and stars Aniston alongside Reese Witherspoon and Steve Carell.
- See is a story about a group of people trying to survive in a world where people have lost sight.
- For all of humanity is a new series Battlestar Galactica executive producer Ronald D. Moore, and imagines an alternative reality where the global space competition never ended.
- Dickinson is a dramatic period piece about the poet Emily Dickinson, played by Hailee Stanfield.
- The Elephant Queen is a documentary in which the threat of the extinction of elephants is investigated.
However, it is not just adult content. Apple wants TV Plus to be suitable for the whole family from the start, and the launch titles show that.
- Helpsters is a new series from the makers of Sesame Street and follows "Cody and a team of lively monsters who are happy to help solve problems," Apple said.
- Snoopy in space is exactly how it sounds – a new series from Peanuts Worldwide and DHX Media following the cute dog of Charlie Brown as he follows his dreams of becoming an astronaut.
- Ghost Writer is a reinvention of the original series and finds that four children work together to free fictional characters from their books.
Last, but certainly not least, Oprah will join Apple TV Plus with a series of & # 39; compelling authors in conversation while [Oprah] builds a vibrant, global book club community and other projects to connect with people all over the world world and meaningful ways to bring about positive change, "said Apple.
Most TV Plus series premiere with three episodes, with a new episode every week. However, the full seasons of some series are all available at the same time. The company has also announced that new series are announced every month, but it is unclear when they will fall. Some of the following series include Servant, Truth is told and Little America. Two movies, Hala and The banker, will also be released in the coming months.
The company's dedication to original content is well documented. Apple increased its content budget from around $ 1 billion to more than $ 6 billion, according to Bloomberg. It is a figure that cost netflix years after it started investing in original content, and is around 25 percent of Disney's total content budget. Apple wants its service division to have $ 50 billion in revenue by 2020, and investing in original content that generates monthly subscriptions is a way to do that.
Apple – even more than Netflix, Disney and other competitors such as AT & T & # 39; s WarnerMedia or Comcast & # 39; s NBC Universal – has to invest quite a lot in original content right from the start. The company has not announced any plans to invest in licensed content, as Amazon has done in the past, nor does it have the library of popular titles such as Disney + or even HBO Max from WarnerMedia to keep people saturated while new series are being developed. If Apple wants to retain subscribers and build its base, it is very important to spend a lot of money on original content in advance.