As a winter storm continued to batter California Friday, the weather closed several major highways and roads, including portions of Interstate 5.
The weather system, expected to last through Saturday, has resulted in dangerous driving conditions for residents in mountainous regions.
These are the roads and highways in Southern California that are closed due to the storm:
- Interstate 5 was closed in both directions through Tejon Pass, according to the California Highway Patrol and Caltrans. Officials have advised that drivers use US 101 instead.
- Highway 14 closed in both directions in Canyon Country.
- Interstate 5 is closed at Fletcher Drive due to flooding.
- Highway 138 through Palmdale between Highway 14 and the 5 was temporarily closed due to snow falling at low elevations.
- Highway 2, the Angeles Crest Highway, is closed from 3.3 miles east of Newcomb’s Ranch to Big Pines Highway, west of Wrightwood. Snow chains are required from the gate in La Cañada Flintridge and in Wrightwood.
- Highway 33 was closed from the north of Matilija Hot Springs Road to Lockwood Valley Road, north of Ojai, in Ventura County.
- Highway 58 was closed in both directions over Tehachapi Pass from Towerline Road east of Bakersfield to Exit 165 north of Mojave.
- Pacific Coast Highway closed at Warner Avenue in Huntington Beach.
• Bouquet Canyon Road, Vasquez Canyon to Spunky Canyon Road.
• San Francisquito Road, Elizabeth Lake Road to Peltom Street
• Mulholland Highway, April Road to Grasslands Trail
• Mulholland Highway, Cornell Road to Lake Vista Road
• Arrastre Canyon Road, Crown Valley to Moody Truck Trail
• Aliso Canyon Road, Bloom Ranch to Avenue Y-8
• Country Way, Crown Valley Road to Quick Silver Lane