Heathrow retains the title of & # 39; the world's number 1 mega hub with Frankfurt second and Chicago O & # 39; Her third
Revealed: London Heathrow retains the title of & # 39; the world's number 1 mega hub with Frankfurt second and Chicago O & # 39; Her third
- Research has looked at how many incoming and outgoing flights are possible in 6 hours
- Researchers analyzed flights on the busiest day of 2019 to produce a ranking
- At Heathrow, 65,000 international connections were possible for six hours
- Other well-connected airports are Amsterdam Schiphol and Munich
London Heathrow has been named & # 39; the world's most internationally connected airport for the third consecutive year, with Frankfurt International the second most connected and Chicago O & # 39; Hare in third place.
The ranking comes from a survey that analyzed the number of possible international connections at 50 major airports around the world in a six-hour window on the busiest day for aviation this year.
Heathrow retained the title of number 1 megahub thanks to more than 65,000 connections in this period.
London Heathrow, pictured, has been named & # 39; the world's most internationally connected airport for the third year in a row
The ranking, called the Mega Hubs Index 2019, is produced by OAG, a digital flight information and intelligence agency.
The fourth place in the rankings is Amsterdam Schiphol, while Munich International completes the top five.
Other well-connected hubs are Toronto Pearson International (sixth), Paris Charles de Gaulle (seventh), Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International (eighth), Singapore Changi (ninth) and Hong Kong International (10th).
The airport with the highest rank in the Middle East is Dubai International, while the airport with the most connections in Latin America is called Mexico City International.
The most connected airport in the world for low cost airlines is Kuala Lumpur International.
The second most connected airport, according to the OAG study, is Frankfurt International, pictured
Chicago O'Hare, on the photo, leads North America in domestic connectivity for the fourth consecutive year
Meanwhile, Chicago O & H is leading North America in domestic connectivity for the fourth year in a row.
On the busiest day in aviation this year, 83,580 domestic connections were possible within a three-hour period – two percent more than last year.
United Airlines takes care of the majority of flights at O&H, with 48 percent, a two percent drop compared to 2018.
THE MOST INTERNATIONAL CONNECTED AIRPORTS IN THE WORLD 2019
1. London Heathrow
2. Frankfurt International
3. Chicago O & # 39; Hare
4. Amsterdam Schiphol
5. Munich International
6. Toronto Pearson International
7. Paris Charles de Gaulle
8. Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International
9. Singapore Changi
10. Hong Kong International
11. Seoul Incheon International
12. Kuala Lumpur International
13. Los Angeles International
14. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
15. Mexico City International
16. Soekarno-Hatta International, Jakarta
17. Istanbul Ataturk
18. John F. Kennedy International, New York
19. Dallas / Fort Worth International
20. Miami International
21. George Bush Intercontinental, Houston
22. Tokyo Haneda International
23. Newark Liberty International
24. Dubai International
25. Shanghai Pudong International
27. Vancouver International
28. Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez
29. Manila Ninoy Aquino International
30. Moscow Sheremetyevo – A.S. Pushkin International
31. San Francisco International
32. Bogotá El Dorado International
33. Guangzhou Baiyun International
34. Rome Leonardo da Vinci
35. Delhi Indira Gandhi International
36. Beijing Capital International
37. Seattle-Tacoma International
38. O.R. Tambo International, Johannesburg
39. Tokyo Narita International
41. Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International
42. Vienna International
43. Tan Son Nhat International, Ho Chi Minh City
44. Boston Logan International
45. Josep Tarradellas Barcelona-El Prat
46. Sao Paulo International
49. Bangkok Don Mueang International
50. Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) travelers (t) travel_news (t) London