Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Heartbroken parents share the moment when they told their son that his dog died after eating beach waste

Devastated parents shared the heartbreaking moment of telling their son, five, that his dog had died after eating leftover barbecue food on a beach.

Francis Howarth, 38, and Nolan Holmes, 34 revealed the images of their son Michael in tears at the terrible news.

Papa Nolan wrote online ‘This is what happens when you don’t collect waste. This is what you do with five-year-olds, you break their hearts. ‘

It came after Bandit, a Welsh Springer Spaniel, died after mocking the barbecue scraps at Lytham St Annes beach near Blackpool.

Owner Francis had taken him for his regular walk on the sand on June 23 when he came across a leftover corn on the cob and ate the whole thing, including the core.

Five-year-old Michael Howarth is told that his dog has died

Video of Michael Howarth, five, released by his parents after his dog died

Video of Michael Howarth, five, released by his parents after his dog died

Devastated: Video released by his parents shows Michael Howart’s tears at the terrible news

And despite her immediate attempt to stop him, the aftermath resulted in surgery that caused complications in his stomach that left him three weeks later.

His death left the family of three desperate, most notably their five-year-old son Michael, who was heartbroken after hearing the sad news.

The parents have since shared a video on Facebook telling him that Bandit has been sent to ‘Rainbow Bridge’ to raise awareness about the total devastation junk can cause.

Bandit, a Welsh Springer Spaniel, died after eating leftovers left on the beach

Bandit, a Welsh Springer Spaniel, died after eating leftovers left on the beach

Bandit, a Welsh Springer Spaniel, died after eating leftovers left on the beach

Francis said, “I took a walk like I normally do on the beach, and Bandit loved jumping through the dunes.

“They were quite high, so he was a little ahead of me and when I caught up with him, I saw that he was sniffing around the nest, so I clearly stopped him.

“I didn’t know what he had eaten by then. A few days later, he started vomiting and was genuinely unwell. The next day it really went downhill so I knew I had to call them. ‘

Bandit the dog on the beach with Michael Howart

Bandit the dog on the beach with Michael Howart

Michael Howart plays with his beloved dog Bandit

Michael Howart plays with his beloved dog Bandit

Bandit and Michael Howarth, five, had a special bond and enjoyed playing together

The vets admitted Bandit directly to the PDSA Pet Hospital in Blackpool and on examination they found an obstruction in his stomach.

When they opened it up for surgery to remove the object, the vet found two corn on the cob Bandit had swallowed after being buried in the sand instead of being thrown away.

Francis added, “One of the stems was in his stomach and one was very far in his gut, which really wasn’t good.

“The vets told us to keep an eye on him, but they said he would hopefully recover because he was a young, strong dog, so we thought it would be okay.

Bandit was allowed to go home after going to the vet, but soon took a turn for the worse

Bandit was allowed to go home after going to the vet, but soon took a turn for the worse

Bandit was allowed to go home after going to the vet, but soon took a turn for the worse

“But he was sick again on Saturday morning, and I knew something was wrong.”

The family returned Bandit to the vets that day, where they did an ultrasound and found further obstruction in his stomach.

Francis was then told they had two choices: put him down or have surgery to see what the problem was, and she chose the latter.

He explained, “An hour later, the vet called me and said that when they had repaired his intestines, his stomach had healed itself to the body and there were large bags of cats causing peritonitis.

The death of Bandit the Welsh Springer Spaniel left Michael Howarth, five, robbed

The death of Bandit the Welsh Springer Spaniel left Michael Howarth, five, robbed

The death of Bandit the Welsh Springer Spaniel left Michael Howarth, five, robbed

“They couldn’t do more to help him, they just had to let him go.”

Francis and her husband Nolan had to reveal the devastating news to their five-year-old son Michael.

The couple decided to share the video on Facebook with the heartbreaking ordeal to raise awareness of the harmful effects that clutter can cause.

To mitigate the difficult news, Michael’s parents told him that Bandit had gone to ‘Rainbow Bridge’, a term they used for heaven.

Francis added: ‘People from out of town came to St Annes during the closure because it is absolutely beautiful, but there is just so much waste left behind.

“I can’t tell you how angry I am, it’s just incredible. It is not difficult to take your waste with you.

Many people don’t know that the center of a corncob is deadly to dogs. We just want people to realize the devastation it has caused. ‘

.