Grills that will thrill! Shrimp skewers with herb couscous
Fire up the barbecue or grill for these crowd-pleasing recipes packed with spicy spring flavors.
These shrimp skewers with herb couscous dish are best served with lemon wedges
For 4 persons
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- ½ tsp saffron, soaked for 5 minutes in 20 ml boiling water
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- Peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 large raw shrimps with shell (or use large peeled shrimps)
For the couscous
- 200 g whole grain couscous
- 200 ml of light stock
- Peel and juice of 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon of mint, dill and parsley, chopped
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Place the rosemary and garlic in a bowl and add the herbs, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil. Prepare the shrimp by cutting them off at the back, then remove the black vein. Wash, pat dry and put in the bowl. Marinate for about 10 minutes.
Put the couscous in a bowl. Add the stock and orange zest and juice. Cover with a cloth for 10 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed, then loosen with a fork to separate the grains. Add the pomegranate seeds, chopped herbs and tomatoes, season to taste and set aside.
Preheat a grill or barbecue. Remove the shrimp and thread them on skewers (see tip at the bottom of the page).
Cook under the hot grill for 5-6 minutes, or slightly less if you use peeled shrimp, flip occasionally or grill over a barbecue. Transfer to plates and serve with the couscous and lemon wedges.