Grills that will thrill! Seafood burger with wasabi mayo and pickle
Fire up the barbecue or grill for these crowd-pleasing recipes packed with spicy spring flavors.
This delicious seafood burger with wasabi mayo and pickle is best served with red onions and thinly sliced dill cucumbers
For 6 small or 4 regular sized patties
For the wasabi mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of wasabi paste, to taste
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
For the burgers
- Vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 fat clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 250 g sustainable whitefish
- 180 g raw, peeled king prawns
- 100 g fresh crab meat (mix of white and brown)
- Salt and pepper
- Roman salad leaves, shredded
- 6 small or 4 regular buns, pickled red onions and thinly sliced dill cucumbers
Combine the mayonnaise, wasabi and lime zest and juice in a small bowl and set aside. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the spring onions, garlic and chili for a few minutes. Tip in a bowl.
Place the fish and shrimp in a food processor and pulse to a coarse texture. Add to the bowl of onion and add the crabmeat. Gently mix to combine and season.
With slightly wet hands, shape into 6 small or 4 regular pasties. Place them on a platter and refrigerate until ready to cook. Preheat the grill or light the barbecue. Lightly grease the patties and grill for 4 minutes per side, until cooked to your liking. Toast the buns lightly.
To assemble, put 1 tablespoon of wasabi mayonnaise on each half of the bun, add a little grated lettuce, a cooked burger, a spoonful of pickles and the lid of the bun.