Grills that will thrill! Grilled sundae of tropical fruit ice cream
Fire up the barbecue or grill for these crowd-pleasing recipes packed with spicy spring flavors.
This glorious grilled tropical fruit sundae is best served with a little coconut shavings
For 4 persons
- 4 tablespoons of light muscovado sugar
- 400 ml of rum
- ½ a small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 1 small ripe mango, cut into 2 ‘cheeks’ on either side of the stone
- 8 scoops of coconut or vanilla ice cream
- Roasted coconut shavings (optional)
Put the sugar and rum in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over a very low heat and regularly rotating pan. Simmer for a few minutes and let cool. Preheat a grill or barbecue.
Place the pineapple rings and mango cheeks in a bowl and grill or barbecue until soft and slightly charred. Transfer to a plate, cut into bite-sized pieces and drizzle with the rum syrup.
Prepare 4 sundae or other tall glasses. Put some pineapple and mango cubes on the bottom of each, add a scoop of ice cream, more fruit, another scoop of ice and a drizzle of rum syrup. Finish with a little coconut shavings, if using, and serve immediately.