Family member of NRL star Payne Haas is rushed to hospital for suspected drug overdose
- A man, 19, dead after suspected overdose
- Relative of NRL star, also 19, in hospital
A ‘relative’ of Brisbane Broncos star Payne Haas has been hospitalized after a suspected drug overdose that killed another man.
Emergency services were alerted to a property in Gaven, Gold Coast, just after midnight on Sunday morning.
They found the 19-year-old relative of Haas unconscious after taking what is believed to be the drug GHB.
He was taken to Gold Coast University Hospital in critical condition, according to police The courier mail.
A close relative, aged 19, of Brisbane Broncos star Payne Haas (pictured) is currently in critical condition in hospital following a suspected drug overdose
Another man, also 19, died after being found unconscious in a garage of a property in Arundel on the Gold Coast early Sunday morning.
Paramedics were then sent to another address in Arundel where they found two more men suspected of overdosing, one in a garage.
Both were taken to Gold Coast University Hospital where a 20-year-old tragically died.
Haas would not be involved.
A Queensland Police spokeswoman said they do not believe the death is suspicious.
“Police will prepare a report for the coroner following the sudden death of a 19-year-old Arundel man on the Gold Coast in the early hours of Sunday May 14,” she said.
The man was found unconscious in the garage of an Arundel property and was transported to Gold Coast University Hospital, where he died shortly afterwards.
She added: “Two other 19-year-old men known to the Arundel man were transported to Gold Coast University Hospital. One is in critical condition. The other is in a serious condition.’
The investigations are continuing.