Advertisements
Taylor Maddison didn't realize the seriousness of her two-year-old's injury until he was picked up at the Gold Coast daycare center

The toe of two-year-old boy is & # 39; 50 percent & # 39; SERIOUS when it accidentally got stuck in a door of a daycare

  • WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
  • Taylor Maddison only realized the severity of the son's injury after he was picked up
  • She claims that her son's toe was accidentally stuck in a door in the daycare center
  • A caretaker told Mrs. Maddison that the left big toenail went up and the & # 39; small cut & # 39; used to be
  • However, the two-year-old went in and out of consciousness after an incident
  • He underwent surgery to sew his big toe after it was considered cut by 50%
Advertisements

A distraught mother says the toe of her son & # 39; 50 percent & # 39; was chopped off when it was accidentally stuck in a door of a daycare center.

Taylor Maddison realized the seriousness of her two-year-old's injury when he was picked up at the Gold Coast daycare center.

& # 39; My two-year-old son had closed his toe in the door at a local daycare by an educator, & # 39; she wrote on Facebook.

Taylor Maddison didn't realize the seriousness of her two-year-old's injury until he was picked up at the Gold Coast daycare center

Advertisements

Taylor Maddison didn't realize the seriousness of her two-year-old's injury until he was picked up at the Gold Coast daycare center

& # 39; My two-year-old son had closed his toe in the door at a local daycare by an educator, & # 39; wrote Mrs. Maddison on Facebook

& # 39; My two-year-old son had closed his toe in the door at a local daycare by an educator, & # 39; wrote Mrs. Maddison on Facebook

& # 39; My two-year-old son had closed his toe in the door at a local daycare by an educator, & # 39; wrote Mrs. Maddison on Facebook

Mrs. Maddison shared a photo of the door where her son's big toe was caught

Mrs. Maddison shared a photo of the door where her son's big toe was caught

Mrs. Maddison shared a photo of the door where her son's big toe was caught

Mrs. Maddison received a phone call from the center, which is owned by G8 Education, to inform her that her son's big toenail lifted after the incident and it was only a small cut and lots of blood.

Only when her son was picked up by Mrs. Maddison's sister did they realize how serious the wound was.

Advertisements

& # 39; I received a phone call from her that he was unconscious, fell asleep and shook uncontrollably from the shock of the incident and that there is a lot of blood, & # 39; she said.

Maddison rushed to the center and discovered that caregivers had placed baby wipes on her son's toe.

When removing the wipes, she claimed that the toe & # 39; 50 percent & # 39; was detached.

Maddison hurried to the center and was shocked to discover that the caregivers did not provide proper first aid, but put baby wipes on her son's toe

Maddison hurried to the center and was shocked to discover that the caregivers did not provide proper first aid, but put baby wipes on her son's toe

Maddison hurried to the center and was shocked to discover that the caregivers did not provide proper first aid, but put baby wipes on her son's toe

When removing the wipes, she claimed that her son's big toe was 50 percent loose
Advertisements

When removing the wipes, she claimed that her son's big toe was 50 percent loose

Only when her son was picked up by her sister did they notice the alarming effect of the incident

Only when her son was picked up by her sister did they notice the alarming effect of the incident

& # 39; I received a phone call from her that he was unconscious, fell asleep and shivered uncontrollably from the shock of the incident and that there was a lot of blood, & # 39; she said.

They hurried to the Queensland Children Hospital, where her toddler was immediately operated for nail bed reconstruction, skin repair, cleansing and scrubbing before it was attached again.

The family will have to wait until Tuesday to find out whether the two-year-old has suffered more damage to his toe.

Advertisements

Mrs. Maddison's two sons went to the day care center five times a week and have since moved out.

& # 39; My two-year-old son will have a long way of recovery and will not go to daycare for a few months, but is enrolled to start in a new center when he gets everything from doctors, & # 39; she wrote.

She said her son is still in so much shock and emotional distress about the incident and cries when they pass through the center.

& # 39; He never wants to go back. He also cries daily that he never wants this to happen again with his toe, & she said.

& # 39; He can't play with his brother or his family, can barely walk around, let alone run like a normal two-year-old. & # 39;

The toddler immediately underwent surgery on his left toe for nail bed reconstruction, skin repair, cleansing and scrubbing before it was sewn together again
Advertisements

The toddler immediately underwent surgery on his left toe for nail bed reconstruction, skin repair, cleansing and scrubbing before it was sewn together again

The toddler immediately underwent surgery on his left toe for nail bed reconstruction, skin repair, cleansing and scrubbing before it was sewn together again

Mrs. Maddison begged parents to do proper research and assessment of childcare centers for their children

Mrs. Maddison begged parents to do proper research and assessment of childcare centers for their children

Mrs. Maddison begged parents to do proper research and assessment of childcare centers for their children

She begged parents to do proper research and assessments of childcare centers for their children.

In a statement to the Gold Coast Bulletin, a G8 Education spokesperson confirmed that an incident occurred on September 12, in which a & # 39; toddler toe was accidentally stuck in a storage door & # 39 ;.

& # 39; The on-duty educator immediately took action to apply first aid & # 39 ;, the statement said.

& # 39; Without delay, other team members gave their support to calm and calm the child.

& # 39; The child's parent was contacted immediately and the child was picked up within 20 minutes of the accident. The incident has been reported to the relevant investigating regulatory authority. & # 39;

Advertisements

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail