Conservative commentator Glenn Beck has claimed that the US State Department is blocking its efforts to save Afghan Christians from being burned alive or crucified.
Beck told Tucker Carlson that he is currently in an Islamic country in the Middle East and that his organization, the Nazarene Fund, has flown 5,100 Christians and other refugees out of Afghanistan since it fell to the Taliban earlier this month.
The broadcaster declined to say which country he was in, or to name two other Muslim countries it says have accepted his refugees, fearing the US State Department will hinder his rescue.
Beck also said Muslim countries — which he declined to name due to fears of US government interference — had received much more hospitable people than America had saved the people he had rescued.
The broadcaster said this morning that he had let about 500 refugees – mostly women and children – come through the gate to board one of the Nazarene Fund flights, but was told by a US soldier to go back.
“We believe that our State Department is directly responsible for what we believe some of these people were,” Beck told Fox News, “I don’t know how many survived.”
“The State Department has blocked us every step of the way,” he continued.
“The State Department and the White House have been the biggest problem,” he said, as other countries tried to coordinate efforts.
In an interview with FOX News host Tucker Carlson, radio host Glenn Beck said the State Department is blocking his efforts to free Christian Afghans who could be persecuted under the Taliban.
“In fact,” he said, “an ambassador to Macedonia was called last night and told not to accept any of these people because we were trying to get them off the tarmac here to get the airport flowing and get these Christians out.
“We haven’t been able to move anyone for about 12 hours,” he said Thursday evening, adding: “Our mission is now changing dramatically.”
“We need to put people in even greater danger to try and smuggle out these Christians who are not only marked for death, but are burned alive for being converted Christians.”
His organization is now working to set up refugee camps in two other countries, he said, but declined to name them “because I’m afraid our State Department will call them and threaten them.”
“It’s really interesting,” Beck then mused. “We have open borders and closed airports. One group of people is exploited, raped and murdered by drug cartels and the other group is raped, exploited or crucified by terrorists.
“It seems to be a pattern with the Biden administration.”
Carlson asked, “So it’s Muslim countries, Muslim countries, that are more willing to accept Christian immigrants from Afghanistan than our State Department?”
Beck replied, ‘In this country where I am, I begged them last night to let me tell – tell the world who they are. They have more compassion for these Christians than for our US government. It is insulting, embarrassing and wrong.
“So I believe what our government is doing now is downright bad.”
Beck’s organization, the Nazarene Fund, has helped in recent days to remove 5,100 Christians and families who could be persecuted from the country
He raised nearly $30 million to get the Christians out of the country, but has since expanded his efforts to include others who could face persecution under the Taliban rule
Beck has raised nearly $30 million to get Christians out of the country, according to… Christian today. Some of that money, he said, included a loan he signed in person and a “significant” donation from TV host Bill O’Reilly.
He said the initiative was intended to free Christians, who could be “summarily executed” just for having a Bible app on their phone, but has since expanded. to take in others as thousands of Afghans wait to be rescued from the country.
“Right now it’s like you’re a Christian, or you’re a female judge, I don’t care, just get on a plane,” he said in one of his daily updates on his efforts on Tuesday.
On Thursday, he said in a post on his Instagram that he had saved more than 5,000 people from persecution by posting a photo of “one of the last planes to leave Kabul before the bombings” that was packed with women, children and families. ‘
“We will not forget those who are left behind,” he wrote, noting, “Our mission there is getting more difficult and more dangerous.”
“We also have more work to do, because now we have 5,100 refugees in another country wondering who will claim them.
“Unfortunately, but certainly not America,” he wrote, claiming that President Joe Biden “will only take people who will denounce, exploit and rape the cartels, especially not those other people who have been marked for death under his policies.”
“These refugees are good and faithful servants who embarrass me to call myself a Christian,” Beck said.
It’s unclear how many Christian Afghans and other minority members remain in the country, though the State Department estimated in 2013, there were about 2,000 to 3,000 Christians living in Afghanistan, according to the University of Notre Dame.
In an update on his Instagram on Thursday, he said that in recent days it has become more difficult for the organization to rescue people in need
On the international front, however, Beck has said he has received “an astonishing flow of countries that will take Christians,” including Zimbabwe, which, he said, “is struggling itself.”
“The spiritual warfare is going on right now. Everything has been a struggle,” he said. CBN News. “It’s a battle between good and evil.”
Beck added that he will not leave anyone “ever, ever, ever” behind, even as the August 31 deadline for Taliban evacuations approaches.
“Call your senator, call your congressman. Tell them to fire on the State Department,” he told his viewers. “This is an abomination of what is happening.”