Eight-year-old girl miraculously recovers after iron bar goes through her jaw and out of her mouth after tripping on Indian construction site
- ***GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING***
- Eight-year-old Taliba tripped and fell on a pole at an Indian construction site
- Iron bar went through jaw and out of her mouth, missing vital nerves and blood vessels
- Doctor who performed surgery said it was the ‘worst’ case he’d ever seen
- Taliba, from the Kheri district of Uttar Pradesh, is back home, able to speak and eat
An eight-year-old girl has made a miraculous recovery after an iron bar went straight through her jaw and out of her mouth after she tripped and fell on a pole at a construction site.
Taliba, who lives in India’s Kheri district of Uttar Pradesh, was cut free and taken to hospital where surgeons removed the pole during a 35-minute operation.
Doctors said it miraculously missed vital nerves and blood vessels to the brain and the little girl was talking within eight hours.
dr. Rajkumar Koli, who led the operation, said: “It was the most painful case I have encountered in my professional life.”
The doctor explained that because of the dangerous nature of the accident, he had told the family to drive her to a medical college about 140 km away, but they were unable to do so, leaving him with the task of carrying out the surgery. to be carried out.
Taliba is now recovering at home, can speak and eat and is expected to make a full recovery. The eight-year-old, who lives in the village of Bhulanpur, was playing outside when she fell on the protruding rod.
It stung her lower jaw and came back out of her mouth as the other children rushed to get her family.
Taliba (pictured), eight, has made a miraculous recovery after an iron bar passed through her jaw and out of her mouth after she tripped and fell on a pole at a construction site
Local medics said it miraculously missed vital nerves and blood vessels to the brain and Taliba was talking within eight hours
They cut off part of the rod and rushed her to the nearest district hospital, 15 km away in Motipur, around 6:00 PM on October 4.
dr. Koli said, “Given the girl’s critical condition, I was called for emergency surgery.
‘I checked the patient’s vital signs and, understanding the danger, told the girl’s parents to take her to Lucknow Medical College, about 140 km away.
‘But the parents were unable to bring the girl to this stage and asked me to perform the operation.
“It was a challenging situation because the X-ray department of the district hospital is not available after 5 pm.
‘I immediately asked the anesthetist to apply a local anesthetic and started the operation to save the large blood vessels around the pierced area.
dr. Rajkumar Koli, who said it was the ‘worst case’ he’d ever seen, added luckily the rod didn’t catch any blood vessels to the brain and trachea
“The rod was tight, and to release I had to make a 1cm cut and slowly pull the rod out. The procedure only took about 35 minutes.’
The doctor added that luckily the rod had not caught any blood vessels to the brain and trachea.
“It was a challenge to remove the rod without affecting those organs in the least,” said Dr. Koli.
“After the bleeding outside had stopped, the wound had been bandaged and her condition had stabilized, the patient was transferred to the recovery unit.
‘After three days, the patient was discharged. After the rod was successfully removed, the girl started talking within eight hours.
“Now the girl is doing well at home and can talk and eat normally.”