Girl, 9 years old, gets electrocuted and drowns in the California swimming pool after touching a broken lamp
- The tragic accident occurred in Citrus Heights, California, on Sunday afternoon
- The unnamed girl is thought to have hit a lamp that was under repair
- Firefighters hurried to the stage and tried to revive the girl who died in the hospital
A nine-year-old girl died swimming in a swimming pool in California after allegedly electrocuting and drowning as a result.
The tragedy took place on Sunday afternoon in Citrus Heights, about 20 kilometers northeast of Sacramento, when the unnamed girl apparently hit a light fixture that had been repaired.
Emergency services received a phone call about a 9-year-old girl who was apparently electrocuted and then drowned as a result, said spokesperson Lieutenant Kris Frey of Citrus Heights.
The unnamed nine-year-old girl who drowned in a swimming pool in Citrus Heights, California, is believed to have been electrocuted when she touched a light fixture that was being repaired
Firefighters calling to the pool noticed the girl was unconscious and tried in vain to revitalize her.
The victim was taken to the hospital, where she died.
The police started an investigation into the incident on the same day, although the authorities have so far called death a tragic accident.
& # 39; It looks like there was a light that was being repaired & # 39 ;, said Frey, adding that the girl thought it had touched it.
It was initially unclear whether the light was in the pool.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail