Ghislaine Maxwell hadn’t spoken to Jeffrey Epstein for ten years before he committed suicide and is the victim of a smear campaign, her lawyers allege while pleading to release her on $ 5 million bail
- Ghislaine Maxwell, 58, claimed she should be released on bail on Friday
- She insisted she’s not guilty of any charges filed against her
- Maxwell’s lawyers argued that she is not a flight risk and is “not Jeffrey Epstein.”
- They also said she had been out of contact with pedophile Epstein for over a decade before he died in a New York prison last year.
- Her petition was filed with her U.S. court in Manhattan eight days after her arrest last week at her upscale New Hampshire home
- Her lawyers deny she was in hiding and say she had “regular contact” with the federal government since the day after Epstein’s arrest
Ghislaine Maxwell should be released on bail of $ 5 million for being ‘not Jeffrey Epstein’ who hadn’t contacted the pedophile for more than a decade before committing suicide and is at risk of getting COVID-19 in her ‘hellish’ Brooklyn prison, her lawyers claim.
58-year-old Maxwell claimed she should be released on bail Friday, insisting that she was innocent of any charges brought against her.
Her petition was filed with the Manhattan U.S. Court eight days after her arrest on charges of luring underage girls so that Epstein could sexually assault them.
Maxwell was low since Epstein’s death last year, but was picked up from her New Hampshire luxury home last week, where authorities said she was hiding.
Ghislaine Maxwell, pictured in 2013, was arrested last week on six sex trafficking charges
Maxwell’s lawyers made a proposal to release her on $ 5 million bail on Friday, secured from property she owns in the UK and is worth $ 3.75 million.
They claim in the filing that Epstein’s former girlfriend and close contact had been out of touch with the pedophile for over 10 years before his apparent suicide.
The documents also allege that Maxwell has been the victim of a smear campaign by the media and that it was the media – and not the authorities – that the suspect had hidden from over the past year.
Epstein died in federal custody, and media attention quickly shifted to our client – falsely replacing her with Epstein – even though she had been out of contact with Epstein for over a decade, she had never been charged with a crime or has she been held liable in any civil trial, and has always denied allegations of alleged misconduct, “wrote her attorney Mark Cohen.
“Sometimes the simplest point is the most critical: Ghislaine Maxwell is not Jeffrey Epstein.”
Maxwell was romantically involved with Jeffrey Epstein from 1992, but then became his ‘right-hand man’, managing his property empire and reportedly trading his minors