MasterChef judge Gary Mehigan admitted that he feared for the well-being of his co-star George Calombaris after Channel 10 removed them from the show in June.
Speak against The Daily Telegraph on Monday, Gary, 52, announced that he burst into tears over the talent shake-up, especially in light of George's controversial underpayment scandal.
& # 39; We were worried about his mental health – I just thought that no one could stand all this and come out at the end of the piece, & # 39; he said.
& # 39; We were worried about his mental health & # 39; Gary Mehigan, 52 (left), admitted that he burst into tears because of the fear of the well-being of 40-year-old George Calombaris (right) after the controversial chef at MasterChef was unloaded in the midst of his underpayment scandal
His exit from MasterChef was the last in a series of negative headlines for George, 40, who had underpaid nearly $ 8 million for his restaurant staff.
In July, he was fined $ 200,000 for underestimating 515 employees between 2011 and 2017 and his business will be audited for the next three years.
Days after the scandal made headlines, a visibly distressed George broke out in tears during an interview with ABC's 7.30 in which he apologized to his employees and assumed full responsibility for the underpaid staff.
Stressful year: George had a stressful year after he was recently fined $ 200,000 for insufficient staff at his restaurants in Melbourne, $ 7.8 million. Shown in July
Despite the setbacks, Gary assured fans that George managed to weather the storm and & # 39; is now in a much better place & # 39 ;.
& # 39; He is completely focused on the company and leaving MasterChef is good for him right now & he said.
Amid rumors, Channel Seven bosses Gary and colleague MasterChef judge Matt Preston are rejecting a new cooking show – without George.
Greener meadows: despite the setbacks, Gary assured the Daily Telegraph that George has weathered the storm and & # 39; much better & # 39; is
The Sydney Morning Herald reported Monday that the newly appointed Seven West Media chief executive, James Warburton, is only interested in signing two of the three Channel 10 stars for a new series to be launched next year.
Sources claimed that Matt and Gary are both being considered for the upcoming show, but there is no interest in George.
A Gary representative told the publication: & # 39; (There is) much interest and discussion both within Australia and internationally, but no deals have been closed. & # 39;
Did you not cut? It comes when Channel Seven bosses are reportedly being dropped off MasterChef judges Matt Preston (center) and Gary (left) for a new cooking show, but their former co-star George (right) has been rejected
Meanwhile, a Matt representative said he is not currently in discussion: & # 39; International opportunities are our priority and there are currently a number of major international opportunities on the table & # 39 ;.
The show, which is not My Kitchen Rules, will probably be unveiled next month at Seven & # 39; s frontfronts event.
It was reported in July all three MasterChef judges had abruptly stopped the show after a pay dispute.
Channel 10 CEO Paul Anderson previously explained their departure and said: “Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary, and George & # 39;
Paul Anderson, CEO of the network, said in a statement: & # 39; Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George. & # 39;
& # 39; We want to thank Gary, George and Matt for their contribution over the past 11 years, & # 39; he added.
The network chief confirmed in his statement that there will be a 12th season of the cooking show with new jury members in 2020.
Who will replace them? The network chief confirmed in his statement that there will be a 12th season of the cooking show with new jury members in 2020
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) tvshowbiz