Gary Mehigan looked excited to be reunited with his former MasterChef co-star George Calombaris when he visited his friend's restaurant on Thursday.
The couple was portrayed cuddling in the restaurant of George & # 39; s Hellenic Republic in Brighton, while Gary, 52, enjoyed lunch with his wife Mandy.
Their appearance comes together after Gary threw his support behind George and shared his concerns about & # 39; mental health & # 39; of the star after their MasterChef exit.
Reunited: Gary Mehigan looked excited to be reunited with his former MasterChef co-star George Calombaris when he visited his friend's restaurant on Thursday
George, Gary and their co-judge Matt Preston were all shot from the popular cooking competition in July.
But the proof that their friendships have remained firmly intact, Gary looked excited to be back in George's company when he went out to dinner last week.
Gary, casually dressed in a gray polo shirt, camel jeans and a dark blue waistcoat, arrived hand in hand at his friend's restaurant with his wife.
Social visit: the former MasterChef judges looked together to share a hug in the restaurant George & # 39; s Hellenic Republic in Brighton
Good friends: despite their MasterChef ax in July, Gary and George have ensured that their friendship has remained intact
The couple then saw George catch up in the room, with Gary embracing his former co-star and the couple sharing a joke across the table.
George seemed to be giving Gary one of his cookbooks, and both stars appeared in jovial minds as they caught up with each other at lunch.
Gary was present to support George after admitting he was worried about & # 39; mental health & # 39; from the culinary expert after his MasterChef exit and a well-known underpayment scandal.
Care to share? The men were joking while Gary & # 39; s wife watched Mandy
Content: George seemed cheerful when he caught up with Gary for lunch
Need inspiration, Gary? George saw his cookbook flaunting at the table
Farewell gift: Gary seemed to like the look of the cookbook when he left with a copy in his hand
Prior to the commotion of MasterChef, George was in the midst of a whole series of negative headlines after paying nearly $ 8 million to his restaurant staff.
In July, he was fined $ 200,000 for underestimating 515 employees between 2011 and 2017 and his business will be audited for the next three years.
Days after the scandal made headlines, a visibly distressed George broke out in tears during an interview with ABC's 7.30 in which he apologized to his employees and assumed full responsibility for the underpaid staff.
To show his support: Gary has been there to support George through their MasterChef exit and the star's recent staff debt
Difficult time: George had to apologize to his employees after it was revealed that he had underpaid nearly $ 8 million for his restaurant staff
Worried: The plethora of negative headlines and his MasterChef ax left Gary worried about George & # 39; s mental health, with the 52-year-old revealing that he had been left in tears over his friend
After the MasterChef restructuring scandal and news, Gary said he was in tears about George's well-being in an interview with Daily telegram.
& # 39; We were worried about his mental health – I just thought that no one could stand all this and come out at the end of the piece, & # 39; he said.
Gary, however, assured fans that George is now in a & much better place & # 39; and that leaving MasterChef is currently a & # 39; good & # 39; step has been for him.
Close: Gary told Daily Telegraph that he shared his concern about George and insisted: & # 39; We were worried about his mental health – no one can experience all this and one will come out & # 39;
Furthermore: Gary assured fans that George is now in a & # 39; much better place & # 39; and that leaving MasterChef is currently a & # 39; good & # 39; move for him
Casual: the Australian-born Australian chef cut out a relaxed figure for his lunch in a gray polo shirt and a dark navy cardigan
Channel 7 meanwhile hopes to sign up Gary and his former MasterChef co-star Matt for a new cooking series.
It is claimed that network bosses are only interested in the two stars – and not in George – and hope to secure both Gary and Matt for the show to be launched next year.
It is also confirmed that MasterChef will return in 2020.
Paul Anderson, Channel 10 CEO, spoke about the show's three stars exit and said in a statement in July: "Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George & # 39;
He added: & # 39; We want to thank Gary, George and Matt for their contribution over the past 11 years. & # 39;
Frequently asked: Channel 7 reportedly hopes to sign up Gary and his former MasterChef co-star Matt – without George – for a new cooking series that will start next year
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail