& # 39; Believe me, I ate a lot of modest cake! & # 39; Gary Mehigan from MasterChef refers back to a journalist who accused him of having & # 39; irreplaceable & # 39; was after he left the show with George Calombaris
Gary Mehigan from MasterChef has kicked back a journalist who accused him of having & # 39; irreplaceable & # 39; used to be.
On Saturday, the 52-year-old shared a screenshot of an opinion piece in The Sydney Morning Herald, in which he and fellow jury members George Calombaris and Matt Preston were criticized.
Last week the trio was driven out of the hit show amid reports about a dispute over payment.
& # 39; Believe me, I ate a lot of modest cake! & # 39; Gary Mehigan, 52, of MasterChef, hit back on an Instagram journalist on Saturday, accusing him of thinking that he & # 39; irreplaceable & # 39; used to be
Gary directed his long Instagram response to the journalist and wrote that in his 52 years he had learned & # 39; so many lessons & # 39 ;.
& # 39; 35 years in a difficult industry and believe me that I ate a lot of modest cake … I know the taste well. I also ate a few sandwiches … I'll be honest, I didn't like it. & # 39;
Gary, who has been a co-host of MasterChef since its premiere in 2009, further said that he has enjoyed & # 39; 11 years of incredibly positive and uplifting television & # 39 ;.
He concluded by recalling how a mentor encouraged him to never be afraid of change & # 39; and & # 39; something new and exciting & # 39; to embrace.
In the article, journalist Gary had accused that he & # 39; irreplaceable & # 39; was and maybe & # 39; too comfortable & # 39; was in the role.
Response: Gary shared a screenshot of a News Corp article and said in his 35-year career that he ate & # 39; a lot of modest cake & # 39 ;. He also said he is excited to & # 39; something new and exciting & # 39; to embrace
The journalist also referred to axed Today show host Karl Stefanovic, 44, who was kicked out of the program after nearly 14 years in broadcast in December 2018.
It was confirmed on Tuesday that Gary, George and Matt will not return to MasterChef in 2020.
Reports have claimed that the trio chose to run away from the program after Ten refused to give them a substantial wage increase.
George had been confronted with demands that he be dumped from the reality cooking show because he had paid his restaurant staff nearly $ 8 million.
In a statement – avoiding the mention of the Calombaris scandal – Ten & # 39; s CEO Paul Anderson claimed that the decision followed months after unsuccessful talks with the chefs.
Contract not extended: Tuesday it was confirmed that Gary and his fellow jury members George Calombaris [center] and Matt Preston [right] will not return to MasterChef in 2020
Paul Anderson said: – Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George.
& # 39; We want to thank Gary, George and Matt for their contribution over the past 11 years. & # 39;
Gary uploaded a farewell post on Instagram on Tuesday evening with the text: & # 39; It was time to move on, have more free time to explore our own creativity. It was never about the money and will never be about the money.
& # 39; We could not agree on the duration of the new contract for 2020 and season 12. Something we attached great importance to.
& # 39; The opportunity to work with Matt and George was a blessing and something that I cherish. Working together remains the most important thing for us … the three musketeers, & he concluded.
Failed conversations: Paul Anderson, CEO of Ten, claimed that the decision was followed months after unsuccessful conversations with the chiefs
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail