Friends of the FOMO fatality festival say that she & # 39; never used drugs and just wanted to try it once & # 39;
A 19-year-old who died from a presumptive overdose at a Sydney music festival never took drugs and just wanted to try it, according to her friends.
Alex Ross-King was rushed to the Westmead Hospital at the FOMO Music Festival in Parramatta at about 6 pm on Saturday, but died later in the evening with her family next to her.
It is believed that Ms. Ross-King died after taking MDMA pills, and that she had previously bought drugs in Terrigal near her home in Lisarow on the New South Wales coast.
Scroll down for video
The 19-year-old Alex Ross-King (pictured) who died of an alleged drug overdose at a music festival in Sydney never took drugs and just wanted to try it, according to her friends
An unknown friend told The Daily Telegraph Mrs. Ross-King was an & # 39; alcohol girl & # 39; who & # 39; normally had everything under control and just liked to drank & # 39 ;.
& # 39; She never used drugs. She is gone and has done something so small and it has cost her life, "the friend told the publication.
Another friend said that while Ross-King did not do much drug use, she liked to party.
An unknown friend said that Mrs. Ross-King (photo) is a & # 39; alcohol girl & # 39; was who & # 39; normally had everything under control and just liked to drank & # 39;
Others who were close to the recent graduate Narara Valley High, have used social media to pay tribute to her life.
"She was truly a remarkable person, who had a positive impact on the life of every person she encountered," a friend said.
"God has broken our heart to prove us – he only takes the best one," wrote another on Facebook.
The young woman worked in her family's butchery and planned to travel the world if she had saved enough money.
The tribute came after friends said they could tell & # 39; something went wrong & # 39; in the last moments of the life of mrs. Ross-King.
She went to the medical tent of the festival and did not feel well, just a few moments before she collapsed, Nine News reported.
Others who were close to the recent graduate Narara Valley High (photo) have used social media to pay tribute to her life
Her friends believe that it was a mixture of drugs and extreme heat that killed her.
She had danced in the blistering 35C sun with a crowd of more than 11,000 other people.
More than a third of the 146 people sought by the police for drugs were found with illegal means in their possession.
The FOMO festival, (photo) that plays electronic hiphop music, was the home of an increased police presence, after four other deaths in NSW at similar events in the past four months
"Everywhere I looked, people were drugged and drank a lot of alcohol, so it is frightening that it could be one of my friends afterwards, & # 39; said a festival goer.
Ms. Ross-King is the fifth person who died in the last four months of a suspected overdose of drugs at music festivals in New South Wales.
The tragic death led to renewed calls for testing pills, led by Mrs Ross-King's family.
Grandmother Denise Doig says she is afraid that the death of her beloved granddaughter will go by & # 39; and wants pill-testing to be introduced as its last & # 39; legacy & # 39 ;.
It is believed that Ross-King (photo) died after taking MDMA pills and had previously bought medication in Terrigal near her home in Lisarow on the New South Wales coast.
• Premier, please: can we have this piltest done? It is so small to do, it is not difficult. Let's try it, "Doig told Network Ten on Sunday.
& # 39; If it saves one life; a life is a life. And these are children. & # 39;
New South Wales Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian has remained unmoved in her position against testing pills.
I want to make sure we reduce the deaths and my concern is that testing pills can have the opposite effect, "she said in Sydney on Sunday.
Ross-King's uncle Phil Clark also spoke and said that the whole family of the teen mourned heavily & # 39 ;.
Her family has introduced the call for pill testing as a show of hair & # 39; legacy & # 39;
Strong leadership is not always to stick to an ideological decision or position when there is a mountain [of] evidence or advice that perhaps something else should be tried, "he said.
Strong leadership is trying something different. & # 39;
Family meanwhile shared their grief and broken hearts on social media.
& # 39; My heart is broken and [I’m] lost for words, "wrote her cousin Rhys Ross-Clark.
& # 39; This world is cruel and unfair. I love you, my beautiful cousin. & # 39;
Mrs. Ross-King had attended the festival with friends, one of whom shared a shock about the tragic events in an emotional Facebook post.
& # 39; You were always full of life and a real person with such & # 39; s big heart and quite easily one of the funniest people I have ever met, you were always the life of the party & # 39 ;, wrote Tayla Brookhouse.
The FOMO festival, which plays electronic hip-hop music, was the home of an increased police presence, after four other deaths in NSW at similar events in the past four months.
pictured; Alex Ross-King, 19, died after a suspected overdose of drugs at the FOMO music festival on Saturday
Event organizers seemed as concerned as the police about the alarming peak in deaths, advice on the safety shootout and first aid in the run-up to the event.
We are here to help, please party safely, & # 39; said the organizers about the Facebook page of the event.
Nearly 30 aspiring party-goers were denied entry to the party, while 24 others were kicked off for fighting or being stunned.
The police searched a total of 146 people, of whom 54 were found in possession of drugs. Two were accused of possessing.
The organizers of the festival, who were crowned by Nikki Minaj, said in a statement that the event was anti-drugs.
& # 39; Our anti-drug questions started weeks before the event and continued at the event itself – a message we can proudly present and continue to do with an unwavering dedication to keep our beloved customers safe. # 39;
The sudden death of Mrs. Ross King brings the number of deadly overdoses to six – five in NSW and one in Victoria – in the last four months.
Sorry, we currently do not accept comments on this article.