& # 39; She was left alone … she never woke up & # 39 ;: a friend of the 18-year-old who died after her first successful liquid ecstasy, reveals the tragic sequence of events that cost him the love of his life
- Boyfriend of Marli Cartmer-Congiu opened the death of girlfriend in January
- Gully Thomas lost Mrs. Cartmer-Congiu after she died of an overdose of drugs
- He said his girlfriend had never used drugs until she tried liquid ecstasy
- Mr. Thomas blamed the group pressure for death and urged teenagers to be careful
The boyfriend of a teenager who died after taking fluid ecstasy has opened up about his pain and how her death could have been avoided.
Gully Thomas, 19, talked about the moment he lost his girlfriend Marli Cartmer-Congiu, 18, after she took GHB at a home party in Zetland, in the interior of Sydney, on January 28.
He said it was the first time that Mrs Cartmer-Congiu had ever used any form of illegal drugs.
& # 39; Marli was clearly super tired, and her girlfriend left her in a room in a bed, & # 39; said Mr. Thomas The Daily Telegraph.
& # 39; She was left alone … and she never woke up. & # 39;
Gully Thomas, 19 (right), talked about the moment he lost his great friend Marli Cartmer-Congiu, 18 (left), after she took GHB at a Zetland house party, in Sydney's interior, on January 28
He said it was the first time that Mrs Cartmer-Congiu had ever used any form of illegal drugs
Mr. Thomas said a friend had given the medicine to his girlfriend without telling her what it was.
He said that the presence of alcohol obscured their judgment and it was too late for anyone to realize what they had done when Mrs. Cartmer-Congiu took the medicine.
Her friends called an ambulance and Mrs. Cartmer-Congiu was rushed to the hospital.
A friend had called Thomas to tell him the tragic news while he was in his car.
A distraught Mr. Thomas stepped out of the vehicle and screamed in disbelief in disbelief at what he had heard.
& # 39; We hurried to the hospital to say goodbye to her and she was in an induced coma. It was the worst moment of my life. & # 39;
Mrs. Cartmer-Congiu had irreversible brain damage after oxygen was cut off from her brain.
She died a few hours later, surrounded by her family and friend.
Mr. Thomas said that peer pressure was the fault of his girlfriend who took the medicine.
He urged teenagers to look out for their friends to avoid the same goal.
He said that if his girlfriend wasn't left alone, it might be a different story.
Mrs. Cartmer-Congiu finished her HSC at Brigidine College in Randwick last year and had planned a gap year to travel and work in her father's salon.
She wanted to become a nurse and study at the Australian Catholic University.
The last time her father Enzo Congiu saw her was when he dropped her off at her part-time job at a takeaway restaurant in Mascot during the long weekend of Australia Day.
Mr. Thomas said a friend had given the medicine to his girlfriend without telling her what it was
Mr. Thomas said that the presence of alcohol had clouded his girlfriend and her friend's judgment and that it was too late for anyone to realize what they had done when Mrs. Cartmer-Congiu took the medicine
He said she had to stay safe when she got out of the car and the last words she told him were & # 39; I love you & # 39 ;.
In a column in the Connect newsletter from the Catholic school, Congiu complained about his role as a parent.
& # 39; To put it simply, you cannot look at your children 24/7, no matter how well you raise and trust them, this can happen to anyone & # 39 ;, he wrote.
& # 39; Most people learn from their mistakes, but Marli didn't have that opportunity.
& # 39; She was 18, not a drinker and had no real interest in drugs. We talked about it often and she knew the risks.
& # 39; We are all at a loss about what happened, it was one of those stupid things that teenagers do and has completely saddened us all. & # 39;
He later said that his daughter was mixed with the wrong people at the wrong time and place.
Mrs. Cartmer-Congiu completed her HSC at Brigidine College in Randwick last year and had planned a gap year to travel and work in her father's salon
WHAT IS GBH OR & # 39; LIQUID ECSTASY & # 39 ;?
GHB is a medicine that is common in the dance and party scene. The greatest risk is an overdose, especially if it is taken with other depressive medicines, possibly leading to coma and death.
GHB is a bitter or salty-tasting liquid that can have an odorless or light odor. It is usually clear, but can be bright blue. GHB can also be produced in powder or pill form.
GHB is an abbreviation for the chemical name gamma-hydroxybutyric acid. It is also known as G, GBH (physical injury), fantasy, gamma G, blue nitro and liquid E.
GHB is also called liquid ecstasy because of its effects, but it is not chemically related to medicinal ecstasy (MDMA).
Source: Health Direct
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news