‘It’s just ‘b*****ks’: Frank Warren responds to Eddie Hearn after he told Sportsmail that Tyson Fury could fight Anthony Joshua this summer, with Gypsy King’s promoter claiming the two only shared a 30-second conversation.
- Anthony Joshua will fight Jermaine Franklin at the O2 on Saturday
- Eddie Hearn told Sportsmail that he could fight Tyson Fury in his next bout
- Fury promoter Frank Warren called the allegations “an absolute b******.”
Frank Warren has blasted Eddie Hearn for telling Sportsmail that Anthony Joshua could fight Tyson Fury this year.
Warren said his comments were “dirty” and that the two spoke for only 30 seconds.
It comes after Hearn said the two Brits could clash in the next few months if Joshua wins his fight against Jermaine Franklin this weekend.
“I really think that as long as AJ gets ahead of Franklin, we’ll see him against the Fury in the summer,” he told Sportsmail earlier this week.
He also addressed the financial issues that led to Fury’s planned fight with Oleksandr Usyk being halted and made sure that wouldn’t be an issue because “everyone accepts that AJ is the biggest draw to UK fans from Oleksandr.”
Frank Warren has hit back at Eddie Hearn for claiming Anthony Joshua could fight Tyson Fury this summer
Warren called the allegations “absolute falsehoods” and said the two parties only had a 30-second conversation
Hearn continued, “I’ve been in talks this week with George Warren (son and advisor of Fury promoter Frank Warren) and the original contract was basically in place.
And we all know the timing is perfect now, because it’s happening because of the circumstances with Usyk. This is the last chance for this massive battle to happen.
I expect to exchange trial contracts with Queensberry soon. Maybe as soon as next week. AJ knows there is a huge opportunity. finally. Much is at stake now. But it’s also completely focused on Franklin.
Warren remembers the exchange very differently, he said talkSPORT: It was a 30 second conversation.
This thing that was in the mail yesterday, George called Hearne and said, “What’s all this about?” He said he was not aware of this. I’m just telling you what he said.
George said it was less than a 30 second conversation and we didn’t even discuss it with Tyson.
Really upset about it because it didn’t 100 percent happen. “Contracts will be signed next week,” they’re just absolute snags. “
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn said the contracts were already finalized from talks last year – and he said more talks with the Fury team could happen next week, which Warren refuted.
Joshua will fight for the first time since losing to Oleksandr Usyk in August when he takes on Jermaine Franklin on Saturday.
He went on to make a broader point about the impact of social media on boxing, adding, “That’s what starts all this stuff, social media really kills some fights because of the level of anticipation.”
I do not want to conduct negotiations through social media. That became part of the downfall of the battle with Usyk.
He is set to face Joshua Franklin on Saturday at The O2, in what will be his first fight since losing to Usyk in August.
The 33-year-old may need his first win since 2020 in the match if he is to have any chance of reviving his career.