Frank Warren hits back at Eddie Hearn’s claims that Team Fury is to blame for the collapse of the mega-fight Anthony Joshua, while Gypsy King’s promoter insists Oleksandr Usyk allegedly conducted the SUED heavyweight showdown in Saudi Arabia
- Frank Warren hit back at claims that Team Fury is responsible for the collapse of the AJ fight
- The Gypsy King’s mega-fight with Anthony Joshua failed this month
- An arbitrator has ordered Fury to face Deontay Wilder instead
- Warren has dismissed promoter Eddie Hearn’s recent comments about culpability
- He added that Oleksandr Usyk was preparing to press charges if the fight had continued
Frank Warren has hit back on Eddie Hearn after claiming that Tyson Fury’s team is responsible for the collapse of the mega-fight with Anthony Joshua, insisting that AJ’s mandatory fight with Oleksandr Usyk would have been a sticking point in the fight.
A summer showdown in Saudi Arabia between the two heavyweight rivals fell apart this month following a ruling by an arbitrator that Fury must honor a contractual obligation to fight Deontay Wilder for the third time.
Fury and Wilder meet again on July 24, and Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has since claimed the fight had failed due to the poor handling of the talks between the two camps by Fury’s team.
Frank Warren has responded to claims that Team Fury is responsible for the collapse of the AJ fight
Tyson Fury’s mega fight with Anthony Joshua fell through this month after an arbitration
However, Warren, Fury’s UK promoter, has condemned Hearn for providing constant updates on the mega-fight negotiations.
“At the beginning of the year, all parties involved in the fight – fighters, promoters, managers – signed a contract on how the negotiations would go,” Warren said. Seconds off.
In that agreement, there was a clause that made it very clear that an arbitration situation was going on as far as Tyson is concerned – so everyone was aware of it and that we were awaiting its outcome.
Fury now has to face former WBC champion Deontay Wilder for the third time this summer
AJ’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has claimed Fury’s team is responsible for the failure
“There was another clause about confidentiality and that we would make announcements together so we would all be on the same page.
Within a very short time, Eddie Hearn violated that agreement by making announcements – there was something every week, announcements about announcements, the fight is over, and so on.
That was not true at all.
‘The fight wasn’t over, it wasn’t signed and every time I did an interview I just said the truth, and all these announcements, which were made regularly by Hearn, I don’t think it helped and a lot of confusion. ‘
Warren added that the superfight would also have encountered problems due to AJ’s mandatory WBO challenger, Usyk.
However, Frank Warren (2L) has slammed Hearn for his constant updates on negotiations
Warren also alleged that WBO challenger Oleksandr Usyk was preparing to file a lawsuit if the AJ-Fury fight continued this summer.
Joshua has been tasked with taking on his Ukrainian WBO challenger, who has been patiently waiting for his shot at the champion since late last year. Warren claims Usyk was preparing a legal challenge in case AJ – Fury went ahead.
“Usyk had written to the WBO, and then all parties involved, that they will press charges if the fight continues,” he added.
So even if we won the arbitration we would still be sued by Usyk, there would have been some action and they would have been looking for orders to stop it.
So that was not addressed or brought to the fore. Pot, kettle and all that from Hearn.
“One minute he’s telling everyone I’m not involved in the negotiations at all – and now it’s my fault.”