A fourth British woman has claimed she is a victim of sexual assault by Andrew Tate, claiming the social media influencer strangled her until she lost consciousness.
The 30-year-old has joined a civil action for damages against Tate after three other women indicated they intend to start proceedings in April.
Former kickboxer Tate is currently under house arrest in Romania with his brother Tristan amid charges of organized crime and human trafficking, which he denies.
Now the fourth woman has come forward to claim she faced threatening behavior from Tate after he “strangled” her until she passed out while they had sex.
The woman, who was a university student aged 20 at the time of the 2014 allegations, said she met Tate on a night out in his hometown of Luton, Bedfordshire.
Andrew Tate gave an interview to the BBC from his home in Romania last Thursday
She said they had consensual sex, but this turned violent when Tate choked her – and when she awoke he was still having sex with her, to which she did not consent.
The woman told BBC Newsnight that she had consensual sex with Tate before they met again in her flat a few months later, when a consensual encounter turned violent.
She said that while they were having sex, Tate put his hand on her throat and “strangled me” – and that when she came to “it was a bit confusing at first”, and that he was “still having sex with me”.
The woman also claimed she was subjected to violent threats from Tate, including threats to kill her, adding: “He kept saying, ‘I own you, you’re mine.’
“He was pretty aggressive all night and said horrible things.”
But a Tate spokesman insisted that all sexual acts he engaged in were consensual – and that he does not condone violence against women.
The woman did not file a police report at the time, saying she only realized she had been sexually assaulted six years later when she described what happened to her friends.
She has now joined three other British women in their late 20s and early 30s in a planned lawsuit against Tate, pursuing civil claims for damages.
They all claim to have been victims of sexual assault at the hands of Tate between 2013 and 2016 when he lived in the UK.
But Tate’s spokesperson has told sky news: ‘We understand that there is a lot of interest in Andrew right now; however, he vehemently denies these allegations and does not condone any form of violence against women.
Andrew Tate leaves a court in Bucharest on May 19 after a judge extended his house arrest
Andrew Tate (left) is currently under house arrest in Romania with his brother Tristan (right)
“All sexual acts in which Andrew participated were consensual and agreed upon in advance by both parties.
Andrew strongly encourages women who have experienced violence in any form to report it to the relevant authorities. He is saddened that a few women he reportedly spent time with nearly a decade ago decided to try and take advantage of his current situation.
“We will not comment further on anyone’s alleged intent to take legal action unless such action is presented to authorities.”
The lawyer for the original three women, Matt Jury, said in April when their claim was first announced: ‘Their allegations include rape, sexual and physical assaults, including holding guns to women’s heads, strangulations, including with belts , accusations of the most horrible behavior. towards women.’
In a heated interview with BBC News on Thursday, Tate insisted he will be cleared of organized crime and human trafficking charges.
The 36-year-old British-American citizen said he is “absolutely and utterly sure” he is innocent and instead said he is a “force for good in the world” and a “positive influence.”
In the interview at his home in Romania, he said: ‘We have a criminal investigation underway, I am absolutely and utterly sure that I will be found innocent.
“I know the case better than you, I know it inside out and you don’t, I’ve seen all the criminal files and the evidence against me and you don’t, I know the truth of what happened and you don’t.
“And I tell you absolutely and completely, I have never hurt anyone, that the case filed against me is completely and completely fabricated and I will never be found guilty of anything.”
A number of campaign groups have claimed that Tate’s views make him a danger to young men and boys who see his content online, while the National Education Union (NEU) annual conference heard that pupils are becoming misogynistic because of him.
A Lamborghini seized in the case against Tate is towed away in Bucharest on January 14
When told about this, he replied, “That’s very disturbing and the reason it’s very disturbing is because I know that’s not true, I’m a really good person.” I believe that my impact on the world is positive.’
Tate, who has been living in Romania since 2017, was previously banned from several social media platforms.
After the Tate brothers and two Romanian women were arrested in December, the country’s Organized Crime and Terrorism Investigation Directorate said in a statement it had identified six alleged victims in the human trafficking case who were allegedly subjected to “acts of physical violence”. and mental coercion’. and sexually exploited.
The agency alleged that the alleged victims were lured with pretenses of love and later intimidated, placed under surveillance, and subjected to other control tactics, while allegedly coercing them into committing pornographic acts for the crime group’s financial gain.
Tate has claimed that Romanian prosecutors have no evidence and claimed their case is a political conspiracy designed to silence him.