Four-year-old boy finds mom electrocuted in bath after phone with extension cord fell in

0

Four-year-old boy finds his mother electrocuted in the bath after the extension cord fell in while charging her phone

  • Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died of an electric shock at home in Toguchin, Russia
  • She was electrocuted in the bath after the extension cord she used to charge her cell phone fell into the water
  • Her four-year-old son ran into the bathroom when he heard a ‘strange bang’

A four-year-old found his mother electrocuted in the bath after an extension cord she used to charge her cell phone fell into the water.

Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died of an enormous electric shock while speaking to a friend at her home in the Russian city of Toguchin.

Her son was running into the bathroom when he heard a ‘strange bang’ and found his mother passed out.

The boy managed to save his own life by unplugging the cable before attempting to resuscitate his mother who had a “ massive burn ” on her chest.

Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died of a massive electric shock while talking to a friend at her home in Toguchin, Russia.

Anastasia Scherbinina, 25, died of a massive electric shock while talking to a friend at her home in Toguchin, Russia.

When his mother, the assistant to a former Member of Parliament, showed no sign of life, he called his great-grandmother who rushed to the flat in the Novosibirsk region by taxi.

“I hit her on the cheek, but she was dead,” the boy said to her.

But the youngster did not understand that he would never see his mother again – and is now being looked after by his great-grandmother.

“He kept saying that his mother was now in hospital and that she would be treated and then come back to him,” said a family friend.

Her son was running into the bathroom when he heard a 'strange bang' and found his mother passed out

Her son was running into the bathroom when he heard a 'strange bang' and found his mother passed out

Her son ran into the bathroom when he heard a ‘strange bang’ and discovered that his mother was unconscious

A friend explained that Anastasia had been waiting for a call and thus kept the phone with her at the time of her death.

“Someone called her,” said the friend. She had been waiting for this call, so kept the phone ready.

She replied, pulling on the charging cable as she talked. This caused the power extension with the outlet to fall into the bath. ‘

As a tribute, her friend Svetlana said, “Anastasia was such a beautiful woman. Men loved her.

But her private life was not going well. She gave birth to her son after breaking up with his father.

She raised him alone. A year ago her mother died of cancer. ‘

Police have opened an investigation into Anastasia’s death.

But the youngster did not understand that he would never see his mother (photo) again - and is now cared for by his great-grandmother

But the youngster did not understand that he would never see his mother (photo) again - and is now cared for by his great-grandmother

But the youngster did not understand that he would never see his mother (photo) again – and is now cared for by his great-grandmother

The tragedy follows repeated warnings from Russian authorities and police about a succession of deaths from electric shocks by young people using cell phones in baths.

In December last year, 24-year-old Olesya Semenova was electrocuted after receiving a massive electric shock when her rechargeable iPhone 8 fell into her bath.

She was found dead by her roommate in their home in the Russian city of Arkhangelsk.

In August of the same year, a Russian schoolgirl Anna K, 15, died in Moscow after an electric shock in her bath.

Meanwhile, in September 2019, 26-year-old Russian accountant Evgenia Shulyatyeva was found dead in the bathtub of her home by her 53-year-old mother Vera after dropping her rechargeable cell phone in the water.

Advertisement