Four people, including a five-year-old girl, are killed in a horrifying house fire in upstate New York as police reveal the traumatic call of one of the victims trapped inside by the air conditioning unit.
- Fire crews rushed to a home in Voorheesville, Albany, that caught fire in the early hours of Saturday.
- Police had received a desperate 911 call from a woman who was trapped on the property by an air conditioning unit.
- One of those who died in the fire was five-year-old Emily Thorne, whose mother has now paid tribute to her and those who died.
Four people, including a five-year-old girl, have died in a horrifying house fire in upstate New York.
Fire crews rushed to a home in Voorheesville, in Albany, in the early hours of Saturday after a desperate 911 call from a woman trapped inside the property.
Despite running to the property, four people, including five-year-old Emily Thorne, died at the scene.
Paying tribute to her daughter and others who died in the fire, mother Michelle Thorne posted on Facebook saying: ‘As many of you have checked in to see if all is well. My son is fine and physically well.
“There are no words that can describe the pain of losing a daughter/sister, the father of a child/his father and a loving uncle.
Michelle, left, described her daughter Emily, center, as her “sweet, sassy little girl.”
Emergency services work at the scene of the deadly house fire on the Saturday after the fire.
Mom Michelle shared a tribute to her little daughter who died in the fire and to those who also died.
“Unfortunately, my son had a horrible experience this morning when he had no choice but to escape from his home by jumping out of his bedroom window.
“It is with great sadness that we have lost the most amazing people in this world. My beautiful girl, mommy and bubby will miss you more than words can express, you were always my sweet sassy girl.
‘Dale, we will always remember you with your wrestling and the good ole Undertaker and listening to Mariah Carey.
‘Aj was a wonderful man who was a great father to two amazing boys! He left too soon.
‘I will always miss him as much as his son more than anyone will really know!’
Albany County Sheriff Craig Apple said news10 that a woman inside the house had called 911 and said she was trapped in a room with Emily, with an air conditioning unit blocking the window.
He said: ‘She did not know where the other occupants of the house were. But she had a little boy with her in her room.
Despite rescue teams reaching the scene, Emily died in the fire that started Saturday morning.
The house’s spiked roof was badly damaged in Saturday’s deadly fire.
This morning, rescue teams continued to battle the fire in Albany, upstate New York.
Police received a desperate 911 call from a woman who was trapped on the property by an air conditioning unit who said she was with a young child.
‘The dispatcher tried everything he could to help her and help her out. She couldn’t get out of the room because of a window air conditioner.
It is a horrible scene. I feel horrible for the family, the neighbors. ‘
A dispatcher tried to help get the woman and child out of the burning home, but was unsuccessful. When firefighters arrived, the fire had engulfed the house.
Investigators say they think they know where the fire started, but have not been able to enter the destroyed home to confirm it.
A GoFundMe page it has since been set up for the family of the deceased, to help pay for funeral costs.
A fundraiser has also been set up to help Michelle with funeral costs.
It read: ‘Michelle is a wonderful, sweet young woman and will need help with funeral costs, as well as obtaining other medical services and replacement items for her son’s needs.
‘Every penny raised will go towards helping this young woman and her family. There is nothing more I can say, we can all imagine how devastating this must be.
As of Saturday night, the fundraiser had received over $1,600 with a goal of $5,000.