Former intelligence chief Christopher Mellon has said he believes the United States has recovered technology that “did not originate on this earth.”
Ahead of a scheduled congressional hearing on UFOs on Wednesday, Mellon said the United States “could have in our possession alien technology recovered from someone else’s space program.”
The 65-year-old served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and Bush administrations, and now works as a private equity investor.
In 2020, he admitted that he was the secret source that provided the New York Times with all three UFO videos he posted in 2017.
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Christopher Mellon said he believes the United States has recovered technology that “did not originate on this earth.” Pictured: Mellon makes the claim as he speaks with News Nation’s Chris Cuomo on Monday night
The US Department of Defense released three declassified videos of ‘unexplained aerial phenomena’ in April 2020 from leaked videos, including the infamous ‘ticking’ UFO video published by the New York Times in 2017
Mellon said he expects “new information” to emerge at the House Oversight Committee hearing on unidentified aerial phenomena, or UFOs, which Air Force and intelligence agency veteran David Grusch will also attend on Wednesday.
“I hope Dave provides some new information that we haven’t heard before,” Mellon told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo on Monday night.
“I think the goal here, and the opportunity, is for the American people to come to a better understanding of why so many in Congress actually take seriously the idea that there are UFOs, UAPs (unexplained aerial phenomenon) violating US airspace.
“I was told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this Earth, by Department of Defense officials and by former intelligence officials,” he added.
Government officials have disputed this: In April, Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick of the Department of Defense’s All Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) told the Senate Armed Services Committee that “so far there is no credible evidence of extraterrestrial activity” or “off-world technology.”
But Mellon said there are “credible witnesses” who are “in direct conflict between what Dr. Kirkpatrick is saying.”
“Congress is in the middle and they have to figure it out,” he told Cuomo.
In 2020, Mellon admitted that he was the secret source that provided the New York Times with the three UFO videos it posted in 2017.
Air Force and intelligence agency veteran David Grusch, who in June made staggering claims about an illegal UFO crash recovery program operating inside the classified world, is one of “three dynamite witnesses” set to appear at Wednesday’s congressional UFO hearing.
Mellon suggested that the AARO was not best suited to investigate the issue of recovered technology.
“This is like asking the Reagan administration to look into the Iran-Contra affair,” he said.
“I think (AARO) can serve a very important purpose in terms of investigation, getting agencies to share information, collate it, develop collection strategies, but when you’re talking about investigating this allegation of recovered materials, that’s a different matter.
“I think Congress has to conduct that investigation itself.”
Chris Mellon served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence under the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.
This will begin with Wednesday’s hearing involving three military witnesses, whom Congressman Tim Burchett described as “dynamite witnesses.”
They are professionals. They are military,” said the Tennessee Republican. They are people who were there and saw what they saw.
The first is Air Force and intelligence agency veteran David Grusch, whose staggering claims of an illegal UFO crash recovery program operating within the classified world were made public in June.
The other two witnesses, announced via press release last week, will be retired US Navy veteran fighter pilots, Commander David Fravor, witness to the 2004 Nimitz ‘Tic Tac’ UFO; and Lt. Ryan Graves, whose naval squadron captured the infamous GIMBAL and GOFAST UFOs on infrared video in 2015.
In April 2020, the Pentagon officially released three videos taken by US Navy pilots that reportedly show “unexplained aerial phenomena.”
The images, which had previously been recognized as real by the Navy, capture what the pilots recorded on their video sensors during training flights in 2004 and 2015.
Two of the clips were given by Mellon to the New York Times, and the third was leaked via To The Stars Academy in 2018, a group founded by Blink-182 guitarist Tom DeLonge who specializes in unexplained phenomena.
Tennessee Republican Rep. Tim Burchett, who sits on the House Oversight committee, will lead next week’s open hearing on UFOs on July 26, which he said was undermined by efforts by the Pentagon and the US intelligence community to “continually lock things down.”
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Chris Mellon revealed in the 2020 documentary The Phenomenon that he was the source that provided the New York Times with three now-infamous UFO videos that the outlet published in 2017.
One of the clips shows the notorious ‘Tic Tac’ incident of 2004 that took place over the Pacific Ocean. A second video was captured off the coast of Jacksonville, Florida, in 2015.
Several months after those videos were posted, To The Stars Academy released additional video of the 2015 incident, which features a Navy pilot commenting, “What the hell is that thing?”
DOD officials said they released the videos “to clear up any public misconceptions about whether or not the images that have been circulating were real, or if there is more to the videos.”