Australian man dies in Nairobi terrorist attack after flying to Kenya to meet his girlfriend & # 39; – while Foreign Affairs starts investigation
- The Australian man has reportedly died in a terrorist attack at a hotel in Nairobi
- Authorities in Australia said they want to verify the report in the Kenyan media
- Woman said that an Australian Australian partner visited her and stayed at the hotel
- 21 people are dead in an attack confirmed while there are still 19 left
Charlie Coë for Daily Mail Australia
An Australian man has reportedly died in a terrorist attack at a hotel in Nairobi on Tuesday.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is investigating whether an Australian was among the victims of the attack in the Dusit Hotel after a woman who said she was the friend of one of the victims spoke to the Kenyan media.
Esylovians Meli told The Standard that her partner, 36, had flown from Australia to Nairobi to see her and stayed at the hotel at her request, so that the two could see each other more easily.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Commerce is investigating whether an Australian was among the victims of the attack in the Dusit hotel – after a (photographed) woman who said she was the friend of one of the victims spoke to Kenyan media
& # 39; I'm sorry that he changes his mind. He could now live if I had not said he should stay in Dusit D2, & # 39; she told the publication.
21 people have been declared dead until now after the attack by the Islamist group Al Shabaab, and another 19 are still missing according to the Kenyan Red Cross.
The attackers rained terror at the hotel and exchanged gunfire with the Kenyan security forces for 19 hours before the frightening ordeal was closed on Wednesday.
All five were eliminated & # 39 ;, according to Kenyan officials.
American businessman Jason Spindler, 40, and British father Luke Potter, who worked for a good cause, were also killed during the attack.
21 people have so far been confirmed dead after the attack by the Islamist group Al Shabaab, and another 19 are still missing according to the Red Cross of Kenya (the depicted civilians flee the scene of the attack on the chic hotel complex)