Ferran Torres ‘being told by Pep Guardiola he will NOT stop his dream move to Barcelona’
Ferran Torres ‘has been told by Pep Guardiola that he will NOT stop his dream move to Barcelona’ as the Spain attacker moves one step closer to a Manchester City departure in January.
- Ferran Torres has reportedly already agreed a five-year deal with Barcelona
- The 21-year-old has supposedly told Pep Guardiola he wants to leave City
- Barcelona would like to support new manager Xavi in the transfer window
Ferran Torres has reportedly moved closer to Manchester City’s exit amid reports in Spain that Pep Guardiola has told him he will not stop a move to Barcelona.
According to the Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo On Thursday, Torres is desperate to fulfill his dream of playing for Barcelona and Guardiola has told him he doesn’t want unhappy players at City.
It now appears that 21-year-old Torres will be next month’s turn, as long as Barcelona and City can agree a fee.
Ferran Torres moves closer to Manchester City exit amid Barcelona interest
That could be a stumbling block for Barcelona, which is in financial difficulties due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
But the Catalan side are keen to support their new manager Xavi in next month’s transfer window.
Mundo Deportivo adds that Torres has already agreed on a five-year contract at the Nou Camp.
Barcelona are currently seventh in the LaLiga standings, 13 points behind leaders and fierce rivals Real Madrid.
The cramped Barcelona is eager to support new manager Xavi in the transfer market
City signed Torres in August 2020, with the attacker signing a five-year deal in Manchester. He arrived in a £20.8 million move from Spain’s Valencia.
So far this season, Torres has played seven times for City in all competitions, scoring three times.
However, his last appearance was on September 21 and he has since been sidelined due to a foot injury sustained during his international service with Spain.