Australia

Fergie invited to spend Christmas with Royal Family for the first time since Andrew’s split.

Sarah Ferguson has been invited to spend Christmas with the royal family for the first time since her split from Prince Andrew 30 years ago.

Fergie, 63, is said to have been invited to join the royals for the festive period at Sandringham and may even make a public appearance with her disgraced ex-husband on the traditional Christmas morning walk to St Mary Magdalene Church.

Andrew banned Fergie from attending Christmas with the family after their 1992 split.

The Duke was subsequently stripped of his royal duties in the wake of the sex trafficking scandal between Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.

Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson pictured with Eugenie and Beatrice at the Windsor Horse Show

Prince Andrew And Fergie Pictured With Their Two Daughters, Princesses Beatrice And Eugenie

Prince Andrew and Fergie pictured with their two daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

Prince Andrew Pictured Driving Around The Grounds Of Windsor Castle On Monday

Prince Andrew pictured driving around the grounds of Windsor Castle on Monday

Prince Andrew And Sarah Ferguson Pictured On Their Wedding Day At Westminster Abbey In 1986

Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson pictured on their wedding day at Westminster Abbey in 1986

Andrew, Fergie And Their Children, Princesses Beatrice And Eugenie At The 1995 Wedding Of Rupert Maitland Titterton And Sarah Mason

Andrew, Fergie and their children, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie at the 1995 wedding of Rupert Maitland Titterton and Sarah Mason

The Duke Has Been Relieved Of His Royal Duties In The Wake Of The Sex Trafficking Scandal Between Jeffrey Epstein And Ghislaine Maxwell.

The Duke has been relieved of his royal duties in the wake of the sex trafficking scandal between Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.

Pictured: Andrew, Sarah Ferguson And Their Children Princesses Beatrice And Eugenie In 1997

Pictured: Andrew, Sarah Ferguson and their children Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie in 1997

But Wood Farm is reportedly being prepared to house Andrew, Fergie and their daughters Beatrice and Eugenie.

But a Sandringham source told it The sun: ‘Andrew has been banned from public life, but you can’t ban him from family Christmas. Sandringham staff have been tasked with getting Wood Farm ready for the whole York family.

“When she split up with Andrew, Sarah was never allowed to be with the family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day while Philip and the Queen were alive.

For thirty years she ate Christmas dinner alone. But now things are different.’

If Fergie chooses to accept the invitation, she will join the royals in an exchange of gifts in Sandringham’s White Room.

This is followed by a sit-down, black tie supper and dinner.

It comes after Andrew was seen driving his Range Rover in Windsor on Monday when he was labeled an ‘overly selfish’ by a former head of royal patronage for demanding to keep his armed police guards.

The 62-year-old Duke of York looked stressed as he drove his green 4×4 through the town of Berkshire, where he still lives with his ex-wife Fergie, amid claims he was left furious after being briefed by ministers that its £3 million-a-year armed police guards would be abolished from December in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.

As a working royal, the King’s brother was previously entitled to a taxpayer-funded security detachment consisting of armed police officers accompanying him on all visits outside Windsor, where he resides at the Royal Lodge.

Wood Farm Is Reportedly Being Prepared To House Andrew, Fergie And Their Daughters Beatrice And Eugenie

Wood Farm is reportedly being prepared to house Andrew, Fergie and their daughters Beatrice and Eugenie

The Duke Was Reeling From The Backlash From His 'Car Crash' Interview With The Bbc'S Emily Maitlis.  Pictured: Andrew Being Interviewed On Newsnight

The Duke was reeling from the backlash from his ‘car crash’ interview with the BBC’s Emily Maitlis. Pictured: Andrew being interviewed on Newsnight

Family Fun: Doting Dad Mike Tindall Made The Most Of His Freedom In The Jungle On A Day Out At Sea World With Zara And Their Children Mia, Eight, Lena, Four, And 20-Month-Old Son Luca On The Gold Coast On Sunday

Sweet: Mike Was Enjoying Some Quality Time

Meanwhile, Mike Tindall is also expected to receive an invite after his appearance on I’m A Celebrity

The decision to strip Prince Andrew of official duties in January indicated there are no plans for him to return as a senior royal, and the latest move confirms Andrew’s taking a much tougher stance towards Charles than towards the Queen.

This followed the emergence of details about his friendship with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, along with the disastrous Newsnight interview in which he denied sexually assaulting Virginia Giuffre.

Meanwhile, Mike Tindall is also expected to receive an invite after his appearance on I’m A Celebrity.

The 44-year-old rugby player, who finished fourth on the ITV1 show, just watched Jill Scott be crowned Queen Of Jungle and looked buoyant as he spent quality time with his family on Monday.

Mike was joined by his wife Zara, 41, and their three children, Mia, eight, Lena, four, and 20-month-old son Luca as they explored the theme park.

The Sussexes are not expected to receive an invitation.

Show More

Jacky

The author of what'snew2day.com is dedicated to keeping you up-to-date on the latest news and information.

Related Articles

Back to top button