‘House of Horrors’ Dad Who Allegedly Starved and Beat His 14 Children and Dressed Them in Rags in Court in Clean, Freshly Ironed Outfits
The father accused of starving and beating his 14 children in a “house of horrors” and dressing them “in rags” appeared in court wearing clean, freshly ironed outfits.
The father, who is on bail on a total of 24 charges, appeared briefly in a NSW court on Thursday, charged with years of alleged abuse in a squalid and now abandoned suburban home where the family lived amidst dirt and sewage.
The 55-year-old’s lawyer, Gazi Abbas, asked Magistrate David Price to adjourn the case until November while the defendant arranged legal aid funding.
The father is charged with several counts of assault and indecent assault on a child under 16; take and detain to gain advantage in cases of sexual, psychological and physical violence; and intentionally sexually touching a child under the age of 10.
As he left court, the father declined to comment. His identity and that of his co-defendant – his wife – are suppressed for legal reasons.
The impeccably dressed father who allegedly abused his 14 children in a suburban “house of horrors” appeared in court Thursday and asked for legal aid.
Above is the house of horrors where the historic abuse of 14 children aged from their late teens to infant age is alleged to have taken place.
One of the couple’s many children told Daily Mail Australia how she and her siblings were allegedly tied up inside the “disgusting and revolting” home.
The girl said their clothes were “all second hand, old things from people we knew or things we threw away from the market.”
Meanwhile, “the food was what they threw away or would have given to the animals because it was too old to eat, and which my father brought us.”
The teenager said the children were mostly dressed in rags and fed scraps of food.
The children’s mother “supposedly homeschooled the kids,” but the daughter said, “basically…you taught yourself from books” and the siblings had no television nor the Internet.
“The house was revolting. The bathroom was basically in the kitchen and had raw sewage running through it. Then we moved to a cleaner house, but it was the same (situation) with our parents,” she said.
The family was moved from the house, deemed uninhabitable and now slated for demolition, to another house 10 minutes’ drive away.
In this newer house, the beatings and beatings would have continued.
Father leaves a Sydney court on Thursday wearing a freshly ironed outfit
The locked and abandoned property had sewage and the children were reportedly fed leftovers and dressed with donated rags.
Police arrested the parents at a house in September last year after the teenager managed to email authorities through a third party to alert them to their allegedly horrific situation.
All children, including a toddler, were removed from the parents’ care and apprehended violence orders were issued on behalf of all children against the couple.
The children’s mother is charged with common assault, assault causing bodily harm and concealing a serious criminal act.
She also faces charges for destroying and damaging the home where the children were allegedly abused, knowingly concealing allegations of child abuse and failing to notify police.
The teenage daughter described her parents in mixed terms. “I say my father is a good man, but a bad father,” she said.
“My mother is a bad mother and a bad person. »
Both parents were initially charged with a total of 60 offenses, some of which are expected to be dropped.
The charges cover a wide range of allegations, including that some children were whipped and beaten. The accused mother will appear in court at a later date.