Advertisements
Marats Aminovs and his family (photo) have been living in the building in Ermington in north-west Sydney for five years

A young family claims to have been left homeless after being kicked out of their social home due to a fungal plague that made them all sick.

Advertisements

Marats Aminovs and his family have been living in the building in Ermington in northwest Sydney for five years.

He, his wife Mila and their six-year-old daughter Alisa noticed that they became ill within six months of their stay at the property.

All members of the family contracted repeated respiratory infections, such as bronchitis.

Marats Aminovs and his family (photo) have been living in the building in Ermington in north-west Sydney for five years

Marats Aminovs and his family (photo) have been living in the building in Ermington in north-west Sydney for five years

Mr. Aminovs told Nine news that both he and his daughter were diagnosed with asthma and encountered problems they had never encountered in their lives.

Advertisements

& # 39; On one occasion my wife was very short of breath. She could not breathe, we had to call (an ambulance). We could not understand what was going on, & he said.

As the years passed, the young family noticed more serious symptoms such as migraine and pain that would not ease those days.

This year a chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS) was diagnosed in all three members of the family.

Also known as biotoxin disease – or toxic fungal syndrome – is one of the most under-diagnosed conditions caused by toxic fumes from mold and causes an autoimmune reaction in some individuals.

He, his wife Mila and their six-year-old daughter Alisa noticed that they became ill within six months of their stay at the property (see photo)

He, his wife Mila and their six-year-old daughter Alisa noticed that they became ill within six months of their stay at the property (see photo)

He, his wife Mila and their six-year-old daughter Alisa noticed that they became ill within six months of their stay at the property (see photo)

Symptoms include fatigue, brain fog, memory loss, shortness of breath, depression, sleep disorders and abdominal pain, according to Toxic Mold Support Australia.

Advertisements

The family noticed the problems in their house within just a year after they lived there, and immediately tried to solve the problem with the Department of Communities and Jusice.

Mr. Aminovs hired a building biologist for the first time to inspect the house in 2016, where it turned out that both the walls and the ceilings were black with mold.

& # 39; He reported that there was excessive mold growth. It was clear. Our entire house was then black, & said Mr. Aminovs.

A building report indicated that the subfloor of the house had aspergillus contamination – a kind of mold.

The doctor, Mark Donohoe, also wrote a letter stating that the house was uninhabitable and the family was constantly sick because of the fungus.

Toxic fungal symptoms:

  • Fatigue
  • Brain fog
  • headache
  • cramps
  • cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Blurred vision
  • Stomach ache
  • Amnesia
  • Dizziness
Advertisements

Source: Toxic Mold Support Australia

Dr. Donohoe said the family could sustain permanent damage that they might never be able to recover from.

While the Ministry of Communities and Justice offered the family two different traits to withdraw, they discovered that both were also infected with fungus.

Because the family felt that they had no support, they decided to take matters into their own hands and try to clean the house themselves.

They first appeared to bleach the house, before they found out that they had only concealed the problem instead of disinfecting the house.

Advertisements

Because the house now looks cleaner than before, Mr. Arminovs said that officials claim that there is only a little bit of mold and that they are imagining & # 39; the problem & # 39 ;.

& # 39; But there is still the subfloor that is saturated with aspergillus. Whether we have cleaned the walls and ceiling inside, the problem is still there, & he said.

The family saw the problems in their house within just a year after they lived there and immediately tried to solve the problem with the Department of Communities and Jusice

The family saw the problems in their house within just a year after they lived there and immediately tried to solve the problem with the Department of Communities and Jusice

The family saw the problems in their house within just a year after they lived there and immediately tried to solve the problem with the Department of Communities and Jusice

A spokesperson for the Department of Communities and Justice said that Daily Mail Australia repair work was completed in 2018.

Advertisements

& # 39; The Ministry of Communities and Justice has carried out extensive repair work to remove and prevent mold, & # 39; said the spokesman.

"This includes the installation of ventilation in the subfloor, correcting the drain under the building and cleaning mold."

& # 39; We have also offered the customer alternative accommodation four times. These offers have been refused and the properties have since been accepted by other families. & # 39;

However, Arminovs said that all those properties were riddled with mold – of which his wife took photos to prove it.

& # 39; We will continue to work closely with the customer to find a reasonable solution to this issue, & # 39; said the spokesman.

Mr. Aminovs said that he and his family left the building in June, although they could not live.

The family spends time together, while Mrs. Aminovs and Mila stay with Mr. Arminovs' mother in her elderly care, while he spends time on a friend's couch.

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news