Cop assassin who shot two Palm Springs officers is sentenced to death after the victim's families beg for his execution and say: & he is a dog so put him down as an & # 39;
- Jose Vega, 63, was shot and killed during an outage call in October 2016
- Married father of eight was a 35-year-old veteran ready to retire in a few months
- Lesley Zerebny, 27, also murdered, had returned to patrol duty just after giving birth and had left behind a four-month-old daughter
- In 2018, Felix was found guilty of two counts of murder and six counts of attempted murder of the other officers who were also present at the call for disturbance
- Their death penalty was recommended and he was sentenced to 368 years of life for the murders
- A relative called Felix a dog and asked the judge to put him down as one
Accused shooter John Felix (photo), 26, is accused of first-degree murder
A Californian man was sentenced to death on Friday for the & # 39; planned and calculated & # 39; murders of two Palm Springs police officers during a stalemate in 2016, it is reported.
John Hernandez Felix killed officers Jose & # 39; Gil & # 39; Vega and Lesley Zerebny and injured several others with an AR-15 rifle when they responded to his house for a call for domestic violence in 2016, the authorities said.
& # 39; Felix, there's not much I can say that hasn't been said yet, & the judge said while Felix sat in silence.
& # 39; Your callous actions have destroyed many lives. I hope that little has been done here today that will bring peace to these families, & # 39; the desert sun reported.
In 2018, Felix was found guilty of two counts of murder and six counts of attempted murder of the other officers.
Their death penalty was recommended and he was sentenced to 368 years of life for the murders.
& # 39; I hope he suffers, & # 39; said Zerebny & # 39; s sister, Britta Kling, in court as she asked the judge to uphold the jury's recommendation, the Desert Sun reported.
Jose Vega (left), 63, who had seven other children alongside Vanessa, and fellow officer Lesley Zerebny, 27, were shot and killed in 2016 in response to a phone call
& # 39; You cannot judge him sufficiently for what he did, & # 39; she said.
& # 39; You sit in that cage for a long time, & # 39; said Zerebny & # 39; s father, David Kling, to the murderer. & # 39; My only message to you is: & # 39; I hope you burn in hell, Felix. & # 39; & # 39;
Vega was a 35-year-old veteran who was planning to retire within a year and Zerebny was a new mother.
John Hernandez Felix consults with his lawyer Michael Rowlands at the Indio Larson Justice Center on Thursday, October 13, 2016
Vega, 63 years old, was shot dead together with fellow officer Zerebny, 27, who had just returned from maternity leave and had a four-month-old daughter.
Vega left behind a wife and eight children, of which Vanessa is the youngest. He had plans to retire in December after 35 years in the armed forces.
Vega worked overtime when he was killed.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) California