WhatsNew2Day - Latest News And Breaking Headlines
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Facebook bans ads that support QAnon and militarized movements

Facebook has removed a new Trump ad for coronavirus campaign and has banned ads supporting QAnon and militarized movements, in its latest effort to tackle the spread of disinformation and extremism ahead of the presidential election.

The social media giant confirmed on Wednesday that it had removed Trump ads claiming that the inclusion of refugees would increase the risks of COVID-19.

The videos started running on the platform on Tuesday with at least 38 different versions, NBC reported.

“We have rejected these ads because we do not allow people’s physical safety, health or survival to be threatened by people based on their national origin or immigration status,” said spokesman Andy Stone.

It also claimed, without evidence, that Democratic rival Joe Biden would increase the number of refugees by 700 percent.

Supporters of the QAnon theory are protesting in Oregon in May. Facebook conducted an internal investigation into the conspiracy theorists and found that millions support the group

Supporters of the QAnon theory are protesting in Oregon in May. Facebook conducted an internal investigation into the conspiracy theorists and found that millions support the group

The Proud Boys is a far-right fraternal organization founded on the idea that white men and Western culture are under siege and are advocates of “anti-political correctness” and “the worship of the housewife.” Group members march across the Hawthorne Bridge at a rally in Portland, Oregon, on August 17, 2019

The move comes as Facebook announced it will continue to crack down on militarized social movements and QAnon by banning ads in support of the organizations.

The company started lowering content on limited pages and groups earlier this month, meaning members would only see it further down their feed.

“We also prohibit anyone on our platform from showing ads praising, supporting or representing militarized social movements and QAnon,” Facebook said in an update on Wednesday.

It comes after Facebook banned about 900 pages and groups and 1,500 ads linked to the pro-Trump conspiracy theorists who believe the president is secretly fighting elite Satan-worshiping pedophiles in the government in August.

The effort was part of what they called a “ policy expansion, ” seeking to limit violent rhetoric tied to QAnon, political militias and protest groups such as Antifa.

Brian Fishman, who heads Facebook’s global counterterrorism team, said on Wednesday that they have since been identified more than 300 groups under the policy and more than 6,500 groups and pages removed between August 19 and September 15.

Fishman also revealed they have seen a “ resurgence ” in content related to the far-right Proud Boys after Trump refused to condemn the white supremacist organization in the presidential debate.

Facebook and Twitter are under tremendous pressure due to false advertising, misinformation and dangerous conspiracy theories, especially during an election year.

Facebook and Twitter are under tremendous pressure due to false advertising, misinformation and dangerous conspiracy theories, especially during an election year.

Facebook and Twitter are under tremendous pressure due to false advertising, misinformation and dangerous conspiracy theories, especially during an election year.

Brian Fishman, who leads Facebook's global counterterrorism team, said there is a `` resurgence '' in content related to the far-right Proud Boys after Trump refused to condemn the white supremacist organization during the presidential debate.

Brian Fishman, who leads Facebook's global counterterrorism team, said there is a `` resurgence '' in content related to the far-right Proud Boys after Trump refused to condemn the white supremacist organization during the presidential debate.

Brian Fishman, who leads Facebook’s global counterterrorism team, said there is a “ resurgence ” in content related to the far-right Proud Boys after Trump refused to condemn the white supremacist organization during the presidential debate.

He said the content included memes instructing Trump to the group to “ stand back. ”

During the debate, Trump missed an opportunity to expose white supremacists and militia groups amid violence that has marred some protests against racism and police brutality across the country.

“Proud guys, stay behind you,” Trump said, before immediately turning, “But I’ll tell you what, somebody needs to do something about antifa,” he said, referring to the largely unstructured, anti-fascist movement.

Extremism experts warned that the president’s response could encourage Proud Boys supporters, who promptly distributed memes quoting the president’s words on various social networks.

Most of the content Facebook identified on Wednesday condemned the Proud Boys and Trump’s comments about them, but the company removed all messages praising the group, Fishman said.

In 2018, Facebook banned the Proud Boys, which the Southern Poverty Law Center classifies as a hate group, and this year removed three networks with related accounts and content.

President Donald Trump told white supremacists to 'stand back and allow' when challenged to condemn them

President Donald Trump told white supremacists to 'stand back and allow' when challenged to condemn them

President Donald Trump told white supremacists to ‘stand back and allow’ when challenged to condemn them

Still, the world’s largest social network failed to catch organizers publishing a meeting in Portland earlier this month that lasted weeks before being spotted by the Tech Transparency Project, an outside watchdog group.

On Wednesday, Trump supporters in Facebook groups – which the company has heavily promoted this year, despite concerns over the difficulty of moderating those spaces – defended the Proud Boys and accused left-wing protesters of being “ domestic terrorists. ”

A member of the 30,000-member Trump Train MAGA Group called the Proud Boys “hardcore patriotic Americans.”

Facebook and Twitter are under tremendous pressure due to false advertising, misinformation and dangerous conspiracy theories, especially during an election year.

Wednesday’s update included Facebook’s decision to ban ads on the platform and Instagram that call vote fraud widespread, or invalidate election results, or contest any method of voting.

Twitter also announced on Wednesday that it had removed 130 accounts from Iran that `` attempted to disrupt public conversation during the first US presidential debate in 2020 ''

Twitter also announced on Wednesday that it had removed 130 accounts from Iran that `` attempted to disrupt public conversation during the first US presidential debate in 2020 ''

Twitter also announced on Wednesday that it had removed 130 accounts from Iran that “ attempted to disrupt public conversation during the first US presidential debate in 2020 ”

The company announced the new rules in a blog post, adding to previous restrictions on premature election victory claims.

The move comes a day after President Donald Trump used the first televised debate with Democratic challenger Joe Biden to bolster his baseless claims that the election will be ‘faked’.

Twitter also announced on Wednesday that it had removed 130 accounts from Iran that “ attempted to disrupt public conversation during the first US presidential debate in 2020. ”

‘We quickly identified these accounts, removed them from Twitter, and shared all details with our colleagues by default. They had very low involvement and did not affect the public conversation. Our capacity and speed continue to grow, and we will remain vigilant, ‘the company said in a tweet.

.