Tottenham director of football Fabio Paratici says Antonio Conte’s exit from the club was ‘the right decision for everyone’, as he backs ‘experienced’ Christian Stellini to push Spurs forward.
- Antonio Conte left Tottenham by mutual consent on Sunday night
- Fabio Paratici described the move as ‘the right decision for everyone’
- Christian Stellini will lead the team in place of Conte until the end of the season
Tottenham’s director of football Fabio Paratici has insisted that Antonio Conte’s exit from the club was “the right decision for everyone”.
Conte left Tottenham by mutual consent on Sunday night after 16 months at the north London club.
His exit followed an unusual uproar about his players after they lost a 3-1 lead at bottom club Southampton.
Paratici was sympathetic to Conte following his exit, telling the club’s social media: ‘We know how difficult this season has been for him personally.
Gian Piero (Ventroni) died, (Gianluca) Vialli and (Sinisa) Mihajlovic died, then surgery.
Antonio Conte left Tottenham by mutual consent on Sunday after 16 months in the job
Fabio Paratici has now described the move as ‘the right decision for everyone’
The club supported him a lot on that and everyone (supported) each other but then we came to this mutual agreement and the decision we made was the right one for everyone.
Christian Stellini is set to manage Tottenham in place of Conte until the end of the season after previously leading the side to victory over Manchester City, and the Director of Football appeared confident he was well suited to the role.
“He has a lot of experience as a second baseman and was the first coach (of the team) for several years,” he said of Stellini.
“But then we have Ryan Mason who can help him a lot because he’s been part of this club for a long time and he knows everything about this club and this group of players.
So I think we’re really confident that this guy (the team) can do a very good job.
Players do not have to change their training habit or style. Changing everything with only 10 matches left will be very difficult for the players.
Tottenham have been closely linked with former Bayern Munich coach Julian Nagelsmann but Paracci will not be drawn into the speculation, adding: “We don’t want to talk about other coaches.
“We are now focused and focused on helping Christian, the coaching staff, Ryan and the players,” he said.
Julian Nagelsmann is the favorite to become Conte’s permanent replacement
Meanwhile, Christian Stellini (left) will lead the team with help from Ryan Mason (right)
“I think today we have to focus on our team and our manager because it is an important moment.”
Whoever is in charge, Tottenham face a touch challenge this season if they want to qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
They are fourth at the moment, but Newcastle are just two points behind them with two games in hand.
Tottenham will be next up when they take on Everton on Monday.
(tags for translation) Email