Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Exemptions You Need To Know While Traveling In Australia

The Australian government has taken strict measures to protect the well-being of the community. The number of flights to and from the country is limited. If you want to travel to Australia, you need to be aware of the latest travel exemption in Australia. You can travel only if you belong to an exempt category or you have an individual exemption. 

Temporary Visa 

If you have a temporary visa then you can depart at any time but you are not allowed to return.

Exempt Categories 

You don’t need to obtain an individual exemption to enter if you belong to any of the following categories: 

  • Australian citizen 
  • Australian PR 
  • Immediate member of an Australian PR’s or citizen’s family
  • Citizen of New Zealand resident in Australia 
  • Immediate family member of a citizen of New Zealand resident in Australia  
  • You have been in Australia or New Zealand for 14 or more days immediately prior to arrival in Australia by air 
  • A diplomat and the immediate family member of a diplomat accredited to Australia 
  • Transiting Australia for 3 days or less. 
  • Marine pilots, maritime crew, airline crew 
  • Recruited under Pacific Labour Scheme or Seasonal Worker Program 
  • Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa holder 

Individual Exemptions 

You can get an individual exemption if:

  • You are a foreign national invited by a territory or state government authority or the Australian government to help with the COVID-19 situation. 
  • Your entry is in the interests of the country. 
  • You deliver critical medical supplies, provide medical evacuations, air ambulance or other critical or specialist medical services. 
  • You work in a critical sector in the country or you have critical skills. 
  • Your employer has sponsored you to work in one of the occupations listed on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). 
  • You are military personnel from the Asia Pacific Forces, Commonwealth Armed Forces and Status of Armed Forces Agreement. 
  • You are residing on a vessel seeking a safe port for safety reasons or reprovisioning for a limited period and the relevant Territory or State government has supported you.    
  • You are a student having the federal Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE) endorsement and completing year 11 and 12. The education department and health authority of the relevant Territory or State government have supported you. You can visit the website of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment to get more information and stay up to date with the latest guidelines.    
  • You are in the final two years of a dental, nursing, nurse or allied health profession university degree. You need to produce evidence to confirm that you are placed in a medical practice or a hospital in Australia and your practice is beginning within two months.        
  • You are travelling for compelling or compassionate reasons. 

Stay up-to-date with the latest information about travel exemption to enter Australia and travel exemption to leave Australia. 

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More