Former Jets star Muhammad Wilkerson is arrested for possession of DWI and marijuana in New Jersey five months after he was found guilty of drunk driving
- NFL-free agent and former New York Jets star Muhammad Wilkerson was arrested in New Jersey for driving while drunk and possessing marijuana
- According to several reports, the 30-year-old defensive lineman was driving on I-80 in Paterson, New Jersey on Monday when he was persuaded
- Recreational marijuana is illegal in New Jersey, but medicinal use is permitted
- Wilkerson was previously arrested for driving under the influence and ignoring a stop sign last June. He has since pleaded guilty to the DWI indictment
- A former first-round pick and 2015 Pro Bowl selection, the defending lineman fought and has not played in the NFL since a stint with the Packers in 2018
- Wilkerson, who earned $ 55 million during his career, has not officially retired
NFL-free agent and former New York Jets star Muhammad Wilkerson was arrested in New Jersey for driving and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
According to several reports, the 30-year-old defending lineman was driving on I-80 in Paterson, New Jersey on Monday when he was persuaded.
Wilkerson’s passenger, 28-year-old Jihad Ballard, was reportedly found to be in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
NFL-free agent and former New York Jets star Muhammad Wilkerson was arrested in New Jersey for driving and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia
The New Jersey police did not immediately return to the Daily Mail confirmation request.
Recreational marijuana is illegal in New Jersey, although medical marijuana is permitted.
The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Wilkerson was previously arrested for driving under the influence and ignoring a stop sign last June.
Police said he was driving a Rolls-Royce in 2019 when he was pulled on June 1 at 3:40 pm in the Washington Heights neighborhood with a blood alcohol content of 0.09. The legal limit is .08.
Wilkerson was drafted in the first round by the Jets in 2011 from Temple University and made the Pro Bowl after the 2015 season.
His time in New York was largely disappointing due to injuries, inconsistency and problems outside the field. He was once ejected from a game and punished $ 20,000 for his share in an on-field twist that included a hit against the head of a Green Bay Packers player, according to the NFL.
As can be seen on Wilkerson’s Instagram account, the former temple star is a fan of expensive cars
Wilkerson broke his right leg in the 2015 regular season finals of the Jets, but got a five-year deal worth $ 86 million and returned in time to start the 2016 season, although he was noticeably affected by persistent problems throughout the year in his right ankle.
He had a slow start in 2017 in treating shoulder and toe injuries. The one-time favorite of fans also fell out of favor because of what many considered a poor work ethic; he was disciplined because of the slowness with the Jets and got a quarter of a match in each of his last two seasons in New York.
After being released by the Jets after the 2017 season, Wilkerson signed a one-year contract with Green Bay as a free agent in March 2018. He played in only three games before injuring his left ankle and needing surgery.
Wilkerson has since remained a free agent after earning more than $ 55 million during his first eight seasons.
Wilkerson has 44 ½ pockets for his career, one safety, 10 forced handcuffs and 410 combined tackles.