Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Evo Online was canceled after the co-founder was charged with sexual misconduct

Fight tournament organizer Evo canceled Evo Online and removed the company’s co-founder and president after serious allegations of his past behavior surfaced. The long-running esports event was previously scheduled to take place in a new online-only format starting July 4 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Joey Cuellar “will no longer be involved with Evo in any capacity,” the company said. Tony Cannon, another co-founder of the organization, will serve as CEO in the future. Cuellar apologized in a tweet saying he was “not proud of it“His previous actions.

The event cancellation announcement came less than 24 hours after the fighting game player Mikey “Crackpr0n” Pham alleged that Cuellar had behaved inappropriately towards him and a number of other teenage boys in the 90s and early 00s. After the allegations, several companies withdrew from the event, including Capcom, NetherRealm, and Bandai Namco, as well as players and commentators, according to PCGamer.

Evo said it will make refunds to anyone who has purchased a badge for Evo Online and will make a donation to Project Hope equal to the proceeds from the event.