Everything You Need to Know About Threshold Ramps!
Since the introduction of these threshold wheelchair ramps, they have become really popular among the people who depend on wheelchairs for mobility. Thanks to threshold ramps being so cost-effective, now everyone and anyone can afford them, enhancing their independent lifestyle. Here, we are going to discuss with you everything from what are threshold ramps, what are the different types of threshold ramps and what are benefits they come with. So, keep reading…
What are threshold ramps?
Threshold ramps are the raised piece of door frame that is designed to provide easy access to wheelchair users. You might have often observed how challenging it becomes for a wheelchair user to cross the door from one side to the other. This is the basic reason behind the invention of these threshold ramps. These ramps are ideal for doorways, sliding glass doors, and even a single step. Most of these threshold ramps are known to support weight up to 600 pounds and elevation between 1 to 6 inches in height. Also, these threshold ramps come in different sizes, materials, and styles.
Different types of threshold ramps
As we mentioned above that threshold ramps come in different sizes, styles, and materials. Here are some of the types of threshold ramps that you must know about –
- Bridging ramp – These are the type of threshold ramps that are often used for bridging the gap over most doorways. These are known to be quite lightweight as well as slip-resistant. So, if this is the reason why you are considering getting a threshold door ramp, picking a bridging ramp is the best option for you.
- Doorline-multi ramp – The second type of threshold ramp available in the market is the doorline-multi ramp. This is the ramp that is designed to give motorized wheelchairs access over the doorways.
- Rubber ramp – As the name suggests, these threshold ramps are made using rubber. These are known for their lightweight feature and are used to overcome all and most kinds of thresholds for a wheelchair user.
- Aluminium ramps – These are foldable aluminium ramps invented for the sheer purpose of improving accessibility for a wheelchair user. These ramps are perfect for power chair users and are easy to carry along.
- Fibreglass ramps – Known for being lightweight, Fiberglass threshold ramps are designed to provide non-slip access to the areas where wheelchair users find themselves restricted.
These are the different types of threshold ramps that you can easily find in the market. There are several companies that are dealing with threshold ramps. If you are looking for a threshold ramp, you must check out the EZ Access website, they have the finest collection of ramps and are the best in what they do. Right from suggesting to you the best solution to implementing it, they will help you with everything. If you still have any questions about threshold ramps, feel free to contact them. They will be happy to help. So, wait no longer and get yourself or someone you know who depends on a wheelchair and is tired with these kinds of threshold issues a ramp.